OSX 10.6.6

Leon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the new 1.6 hopefully that solves your issues

I did that too, just now. Still USB port dies after wake. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, I tried using OSX86Tools to enable Quartz but when I reboot and open it again and check if its enabled it says cannot find boolean value QuartzGLEnable in windowserver.plist. Thanks for your patience and assistance!

I just re read all your posts your bios is on a4 the newest bios from dell is a10 but we have a modified bios for that machine you should try it

I can do this by booting to Windows Install CD, going to recovery mode DOS prompt, putting in burned CD with unzipped http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/55362/attachments/a860a/D620_OSX_GMA.zip on it right, and run it from there?

Or do I have to install Windows, run BIOS patch from F8, Choose command prompt only? And then reinstall OS X?

To Leon: I know it's not a bad install, I've installed it 6 different times now on 2 different exact machines.

Last install I even did all my bootloader patching, EDP and everything before first reboot as suggested by someone else.

The BIOS makes sense though as it's A04 on both machines I've tried installing on. And it seems to be about the only thing left to try at this point.

make a Freedos thumbdrive with someting like UNetbootin

and extract the zip to the thumbdrive. but before you flash make shure you remove any bios passwords

Updated BIOS with above method. Saw the Apple logo on bootup, deleted dsdt.aml from E/E. Still USB mouse dies after wake from sleep.

Feel like I'm beating my head against the wall! Ugg. I really want this to work!

I have a transparent taskbar so I assume Quartz is on, however, when I doubleclick titlebar, the window doesnt minimize, I have to use the yellow button.