OSX 10.6.6

Leon

Is anyone else seeing a ton of, i wouldnt say laggy but kind of unstable graphics. I'm thinking of wiping my HD to make the machine faster because ive installed alot and done a fair share of stuff but on youtube i can get upto 1080p but when viewing a normal 320p video it at some point just gets lagged out and continues normally after a few seconds.

Wonder if my Nvidia 110M is slowly giving up or the EDP RC5 has an update that is not yet complete.

M.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest macaroni

Just looking for a little help.....want to make sure I have this in the right order....?

I've done a fresh install of 10.6.0, then I run the latest chameleon, then I run the latest edp, then update using 10.6.6 combo update, then? Sorry, not sure about the last part there? Rebuild? recommended options on rebuild?

Also, should I expect any trouble or do anything different on account of my Atheros wifi or Dell bluetooth? If I remember correctly, though it's been some time since I bought it, the Atheros is from a macbook, and I read that the Dell bluetooth card is ok?

(I'm doing this all on a usb external drive, then plan to slim down to 8gb if at all possible, since my internal is only 8; which I wil do by using carbon copy cloner to move it to the internal) Sound crazy?

Thanks for any assistance,

Mike

Guest macaroni

Thats the right order.. is your internal HD only 8gb ?

Thanks, yep, 8gb is all I got at the moment (plan to get a larger one eventually, but couldn't wait to give this a shot, and figured it's a good learning experience anyway.) I've done several other installs on pc's of various kinds, but first time trying to slim down to 8. We'll see if it's possible :)

• Administrators

It can be done.. i have a 8gb partition on my ssd, and it works fine :)

Install on your external, then use superduper to clone over to your HD, and finaly install chameleon boot loader on your hd :)

Guest macaroni

Not sure if anyone's around, but just want to save my self some time, if overly cautious, ....

os 10.6.0 done

chameleon done

EDP done

10.6.6 done.......soooooo, now

I'm back in terminal, and do I:

1) Rebuild standard configuration for D430?

or

2) Rebuild kexts from my present configuration?

Thanks,

Mike

EDIT: Nevermind, just figured out it's choice 1, happily running 10.6.6 :) ..... now for mac on a diet, got fit into that 'size 8'

Edited by macaroni

Guest macaroni

It can be done.. i have a 8gb partition on my ssd, and it works fine :)

Install on your external, then use superduper to clone over to your HD, and finaly install chameleon boot loader on your hd :)

Unbelievable, that worked beautifully! I was always under the impression you had to delete a bunch of files to make it fit, but I just used super duper as suggested and installed chameleon, and now I've got my macbook air! With about 1gb to spare! Now it's on to modding the bios!

Tack!!!

• Administrators

Ur most welcome :)

A little advice.. use Xslimmer, CleanMyMac and Monolingual to slim it further, if i'm not mistaken you can cut down another 1gb there...

Btw.. can you run Xbench and post your results here.. i'm curios to see how your SSD performs.. i have a 128gb Runcore and a 64gb PhotoFast myself...