Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on Dell D830

Johann

Dear Latitude's,

i'm starting to install ML 10.8.4 on my Dell D830.

I went through the installation Guide step by step and come up to follow screen but then it freeze.
Attach you will find my Extra Folder and a screenshot.

I used the latest Version of myHack.

In the Bios i enabeld all Wifi .

Thank you very much for your help and assistance

Regards,

Johann

Extra.zip

post-49219-0-63416200-1386671926_thumb.jpg

Dear  Hervé,

thank you for commimg back.

i can confirm for both point's.

Attach two picture reagarding your question.

On the second picture you will see the Wireless points where everything is off.

One question more Wifi will not work under ML?

regards,

Johann

post-49219-0-16438800-1386685147_thumb.jpg

post-49219-0-55211700-1386685209_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Well, all looks Ok from a hardware point of view: you have the nVidia model and a Broadcom-based Dell wireless card (Intel cards are listed as "Intel wireless") which you'll need to check in terms of compatibility with OS X. It'll be safe to turn to ON in your BIOS setup once you have ML installed.

Wireless is of course supported in OS X, provided you have a supported wireless card model as OS X does not support every model on earth unfortunately. Many (but not all) Broadcom-based and Atheros-based cards are supported, as well as some RealTek or Ralink USB dongles too. We have a non-exhaustive liste here and you can also consult the wiki pages of InsanelyMac.com.

Make sure to configure your BIOS as per recommended settings in the dedicated pinned thread in this D8xx section.

Regarding the copy of your /Extra folder, I noticed that you have neither the DSDT, nor the SMBIOS plist file and that your Chameleon boot plist is not what I would expect for the D830. Did you actually use the bootpack from our site when you made up your ML installer? It just does not look right. Kexts in /E/E appear Ok though.

Download the D830 nVidia ML bootpack off our EDP->Bootpacks menu at the top of the OSXL page, then re-run myHack->Create Extra, select "your own..." and point towards the downloaded bootpack (should be "Extra" folder under "Download").

Dear  Hervé,

thank you for commimg back.

The first Problem was, i don't this correctly with the Extra Folder. I only cpoied instead of do it with myHack.

After that i came to the point for finishing. But it is correct to get this. Please have alook to this screenshot, that i attach.

My main Problem is that after reboot's a get a Black Screen nothing happend anymore and i have to switch on and off many times before i can go ahead. Is this normal?

Thank you very much for your help and answer.

Anyway on this point will donate!!!

regards,

Johann

post-49219-0-00568200-1386755308_thumb.jpg

Dear  Hervé, dear Team,

one think more i reached now two times the finishing ( see screenshot ), because i try two dirfferent Disks.

But after rebooting the system, hangs once again ( see screenshot ).

regards,

Johann

post-49219-0-42962900-1386759605_thumb.jpg

post-49219-0-37102500-1386759637_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like booting the installer and completing initial installation is Ok but you're having problem after EDP System Build?

If this is the case, you're probably experiencing the same issue as what was recently experienced by D6x0 users where you need to manually select the 'ACPI Fix' option in EDP to install the patched ACPIPlatform kext on your laptop.

It's explained in the following posts:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5821-d630-nvidia-freezes-after-pre-configured-edp-5/page-2

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5884-d630-boot-issues-after-updating-with-edp/

Dear  Hervé, dear Team,

SUCCESS!!!!

No, the second screenshot was after rebuilding with EDP.

But your hint, https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5884-d630-boot-issues-after-updating-with-edp/ fix the Problem.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

I have two easy question.

1. Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard will work?

2. Can i do with Time Machine a Backup, of cause i think so. Or there something other or better?

Thank you for an answer.

regards a Happy,

Johann