Mac OS X Lion on Lenovo X61 (non tablet) guide?

RedRott

Hi guys i must set up this topic because i don't find any guide for set up Lenovo X61 under Lion, Mountain Lion, Maverick..

I find EDP sets on OSXLatitude for Snow Leopard with some KEXTS for Lion but nothing particular.

I need to know dose anybody have some experience  to share with us. 

This is two guides which i found:

1. http://blog.slor.net/2013/08/installing-mac-os-x-lion-1075-on-lenovo.html

2.http://claptop.com/osx-lion-on-x61-x61s-x61t-thinkpad/

Sorry if chose wrong place to post topic

tnx

Nemanja

• Administrators

ThinkPad X61 is based on Intel GMA X3100 graphics, as such, it cannot run Mountain Lion or Mavericks. It could possibly run ML if you use the MLPF hack like it's done on our GMA950/GMAX3100 Latitude D Series.

You will find lot's of information and guides on forum.thinkpads.com (eg: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=98102) but you can of course try your own myHack Lion installation for instance, bearing in mind that you need to remember to disable or remove any unsupported hardware like Intel wireless cards.

Thanks for info about ML and Maverick. 

I read all these posts from thinkpad forum, but  i don't  find some universal guide. 

On Latitude forum/site everything  has explanation and tutorial, big like for you and other guys who work hard to get all pieces put together.

I am not programer or some linux guy, and this is my second time to build some hackintosh. I really  wont's  to put X61 to work perfectly.

I realize whats is DSTD, KEXTS, Paches, Terminal-codes.. but i don't know what i  can mix together and be sure to not bring kernel panic or crash system . 

I have a lot tutorials  but if i do something wrong, i must start back over from beginning . 

For example which DSDT i should  use? Which boot loader ? 

When i use DSTD from Latitude my X61 become (MB Air 1.1), when i use iFail l2 (MPR 17'), some third guide brings me MacBook..

What is the easiest way for you to explain me or send me what i need to read, to adopt all knowledge to build X61 Lion Hackintosh? :geek:

• Administrators

Just make up a myHack USB installer with Generic bootpack and start from there. Add any necessary kext according to the hardware specifications of your X61 (Wireless, LAN, audio, etc).

A DSDT is a BIOS table, so I trust you understand it is specific to the particular computer model it comes from/applies to. If you've already collected a DSDT for the ThinkPad X61, use it if it appears necessary (for instance, to properly detect HDD if it is not the case without DSDT or avoid black screen when OS X switches to Desktop).

For bootloader, we use Chameleon and that is what myHack will install.

You often have to psychologically prepare yourself for hours, days if not weeks of efforts when it comes to Hackintoshing, because you will go wrong and you will need to start from scratch again. Such is life. If you're not ready for it, spare yourself the frustration...

A DSDT is a BIOS table, so I trust you understand it is specific to the particular computer model it comes from/applies to. If you've already collected a DSDT for the ThinkPad X61, use it if it appears necessary (for instance, to properly detect HDD if it is not the case without DSDT or avoid black screen when OS X switches to Desktop).

For bootloader, we use Chameleon and that is what myHack will install.

I have hours and days, no problem :)

when I use tutorial from Latitude how to build myHack USB, i put all my DSDT things for X61? When Lion boots up from HDD i need to install KEXTS with KextBeast ? Do I need to use this tutorial http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/documentation/post-installation/ ?

And how to update system on 10.7.5 ?

My X61 Hack works fine, everything work except sleep mode!

• Administrators

Yes, use our tutorial as it is a common base for all myHack installations we support. The difference in your case is that you do not have a bootpack from us though...

Do not use that tool for installing kexts on a myHack installation! just copy the kexts to /Extra/Extensions, then run myFix (full). That is the only process you should normally use.

Do list the kexts you have in /E/E, the profile you used for your SMBIOS plist and the parameters used in your Chameleon boot plist. Which version of FakeSMC do you use? Better even, upload a zipped version of your /Extra folder.

Ok. Today i got a new battery, and i repate all proces from my previous post from fail tutorial. I operate all time without battery, and I can't do bios upgrade to custom version like he put in install guide.

Then I anounce results and try custom build if thats nessary.

i update my X61 bios with middelton custom work, and instal fail Lion, use this Extra and Kexts from my attach and everything works except sleep. My X61 goes to sleep but when i wont to wake up them i got boot from beginning and some error screen with CMOS EROR and Lion start to boot.

What i must menage on mu X61 from system or bios to get sleep option?

Extra.zip

current-SLE.zip

• Administrators

Your Chameleon boot plist is kind of empty and what's the rationale behind that MacBookPro2,3 SMBIOS model (did a MBP2,3 ever exist???) ? I would have expected the SMBIOS of a MB3,1 or MB4,1 with the X3100 GPU; possibly the recommended MB5,1/MBP5,1 settings if you use the tuned-up FakeSMC settings.

Could you attach your Extensions folder at all? It was not included in the Extra.zip your provided.

Why don't you proceed with a proper myHack installation instead of that evil distro that is just inadequate?