Mac OS X Lion on Lenovo X61 (non tablet) guide?

RedRott

Sorry, i attach zip file from tutorial not from my Lion partition.

Yes, about this mac iMacBookPro2,3

i use this  kind of install one more time because the last time i didn't have battery and middelton bios.

Because thats tutorial have all things from the beginning to the update 10.7.5 , he also put fix terminal code for repair bluetooth and sleep but for me sleep don't work.

http://blog.slor.net/2013/08/installing-mac-os-x-lion-1075-on-lenovo.html

if i don't  bring sleep to work i try myHack option, but i don't know wish DSDT to chose?!

Extra.zip

After distro installation I only do this below from tutorial:

- Grab a few extras from here.

- And a bunch of .kext files from here.

- And tonycrapx86's KextBeast from here.

- Put all of these on a USB drive and plug it into the X61.

- On the Xsee61, extract Extra.zip.

- Copy the two .plist files into /Extra, overwriting the existing files.

- Copy DSDT.aml into /.

- Extract current-SLE.zip.

- Copy all of the .kext files to your Desktop.

- Extract KextBeast.zip.

- Run KextBeast and follow the prompts through completion to install kernel extensions specific to the X61.

you need an RTC kext my hack provides one. if not google for RTC patch for mavericks

i know i use this from tutorial:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

sounds like a lot of work. but good to hear that it works.

A lot of works for who? I install all Lion in some 20 min. , without update to 10.7.5

• Administrators

Good for you; now, how about a proper Vanilla installation with myHack so that everyone understands what's required instead of that obscure "bit of this, some of that" mixed-up recipe you mention just above?

Coming here to post about installing Lion on your X61 by following an existing tuto found on the Net + a distro bears absolutely no value to me.

I have problem to create boot mac os lion USB with myHack, software don't allows to chose custom Extra folder, simply just skipped that step.

When I use that kind of installation whole process stops at last one minute before the end of installation and stay there, I interup them and try to boot from my hdd. But only way is to set myHack USB for first boot device and then interrupt with any key to chose Lion to boot in safe mode.

Now I make another boot USB on my friend MBP