myHack on Dell Inspiron 530s

tbroadwater2010

You place it in the /Extra/Extensions folder of your myHack USB installer with filename "dsdt.aml". That'll load by default.

Please note that the Inspiron 530/530s is more or less identical to the Vostro 200 desktop, so don't hesitate to refer to our Vostro 200 Guide to install OS X on your machine.

So i set my drive to RAID mode and placed the DSDT.aml file you gave me into the /Extra/Extension folder and i am still only seeing my USB in the Install OS X installer. Should i have put both dsdt files you gave me into the folder? or the whole folder itself or should i go online to bios-mods.com and look for a bios capable of ACHI?

• Administrators

[...] Any way I can get a link, or files, to a ACHI compatible flash? 

<_ link is provided in post above you do realise that blue underlined texts are clickable links don>

Placing DSDT.aml in /E/E of your USB installer was fine. The above BIOS link will take you towards a Insiron 530 thread that lists several modded BIOSes. Read it thoroughly to download the most adequate file. At least some people reported using those modded BIOS to subsequently install ML on their 530.

Curiosity (and rechecking my memory) got me to pull out my Inspiron 530 (not an S model), with the G33M03 board to check and a refresher course over at Bios-Mods. At the time I decided to bypass the BIOS mod due to conflicting information in the 530 thread (what was working, not working, which board etc). I was able to "locate" my HDD by using the AppleIntelPIIXATA plugin on the IOATAFamily.kext, which allowed me to setup my computer. After, I installed DSDT from ??, which had everything working but sleep. It currently remains one of two holdouts with ML in my inventory. As per Hervé's suggestion, I tried LatinMcG's DSDT and found it to be an excellent choice, as it enabled wake from sleep and the need for the AppleIntelPIIXATA plugin. It can now return to hibernation, knowing all is well.

Curiosity (and rechecking my memory) got me to pull out my Inspiron 530 (not an S model), with the G33M03 board to check and a refresher course over at Bios-Mods. At the time I decided to bypass the BIOS mod due to conflicting information in the 530 thread (what was working, not working, which board etc). I was able to "locate" my HDD by using the AppleIntelPIIXATA plugin on the IOATAFamily.kext, which allowed me to setup my computer. After, I installed DSDT from ??, which had everything working but sleep. It currently remains one of two holdouts with ML in my inventory. As per Hervé's suggestion, I tried LatinMcG's DSDT and found it to be an excellent choice, as it enabled wake from sleep and the need for the AppleIntelPIIXATA plugin. It can now return to hibernation, knowing all is well.

And where do i find these files. like i said before, there is a lot of stuff on here and a lot of people saying get this file and that file, but with no way to find the file, it becomes rather hard to continue....

<_< Erm, link is provided in post #7 above! You do realise that blue underlined texts are clickable links, don't you?

Placing DSDT.aml in /E/E of your USB installer was fine. The above BIOS link will take you towards a Insiron 530 thread that lists several modded BIOSes. Read it thoroughly to download the most adequate file. At least some people reported using those modded BIOS to subsequently install ML on their 530.

There is a forum with a link to a dropbox on the bios-mods.com forum but the dropbox location seems to be mislinked

• Administrators

Good, you see it pays to do a little research on one's own... I presume you went further than 1st post in the thread to get your modded BIOS.

Open up a Terminal window and type lspci -nn (assuming you have the lspcidrv kext in /E/E). This will list your entire hardware specs and we'll be able to identify the LAN card model (presumably the same Intel as on the Vostro 200).

You say Mavericks is laggy... but what graphics card are you using? I'm not sure the built-in video chip is supported (GMA3100 on Vostro 200).