myHack on Dell Inspiron 530s

tbroadwater2010

Well, i went ahead and purchased the GT610 graphics, link here, and i also purchased some ram to upgrade the system, link here. Also i am using a bluetooth USB device to hook up my Apple Magic Mouse and Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, both working great and since they are from apple they have the correct apple markings on them! good so far. When the graphics card and ram comes in, i will update this post with progress and then maybe i will look into hacking my XRocker chair and place this computer inside it! Thanks all for your help!

Mmm, You bought some really older and slower RAM, but that'll do I guess. DDR2-800 would have been a much better choice.

I figured that would be the case (i actually buy more RAM than one would care to believe) but i figured i would stick with the same RAM that came with the board and don't really need to worry about any more than 4gb for the time. I should have bought different ram but whatever lol

Well i installed my ram and it works good. now i put in my graphics card and the apple symbol with the loading symbol comes up. After it goes away (like after it loads) the monitor goes to sleep like its no longer looking for graphics. I checked bios settings and see no way to shut off the embedded video. I checked the embedded video as well as still no graphics. What am i doing wrong?

I did set the bios to PCIEx. same issue. I shouldn't have to reinstall os x again should i. I saw something in post #4 on the pinned thread about deleting some kexts " :excl: Remember to remove ATI1300Controller + EVOenabler kexts from /Extra/Extensions if you do not run SL with ATI X1300 graphics card; these 2 kexts should only be used in that particular context (Snow Leopard + ATI X1300 card.)" I do not have that card and after setting the display, it still remains the same issue.

Therein lies the problem. i cannot get mac os to load past the boot screen. i do not get a log in, let alone a terminal window. i assume you cannot type that command into chameleon? Is there a way to bring up a terminal windows without the use of the OS. my boot loader USB will not even pass the os x load screen (by which i mean the apple and spinning loading circle at first boot up of os x)

One thing i do notice, is in chameleon, it reads VESA v3.0 14MB (NVIDIA), so it looks as tho it sees the card. I even did -v -f -x and saw the card being ,what i assume was, loading. It reads "GeForceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start..." then later says "GeForceSensers (pci1): started" I hope that helps you.