Lenovo Z580 Install with Bootpack

fortMac

Hi,

I'm new around here but I have a bit of experience building Hackintosh pcs.

I have a Lenovo Z580 IdeaBook that I previously installed OS X 10.8 on last year. I used a method from another forum and everything is working fine except for the trackpad. The mouse buttons are dead and no matter what solution or kext I have tried they do not work. At the moment I need to tap the pad itself to make a left click and hold down CTRL while tapping for a right click. 

I recently installed osX Lion on a Dell Inspiron 9400 using a bootpack and EDP and it worked fairly well so it would be great if I could do the same with the Lenovo.

I see from the compatibility page that there are a few Lenovo machines that have working trackpads and I'm wondering has anybody had any success with the Z580?

Is it possible to request a bootpack for it so I can do a clean install? Any help would be appreciated, these are the specs for the machine....

Graphics - Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 1GB
WIFI - Atheros AR9285
LAN - Realtek PCIe FE
Processor - Intel Core i7 3612QM
Chipset - Intel HM76
8GB RAM

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi,

I'm new around here but I have a bit of experience building Hackintosh pcs.

I have a Lenovo Z580 IdeaBook that I previously installed OS X 10.8 on last year. I used a method from another forum and everything is working fine except for the trackpad. The mouse buttons are dead and no matter what solution or kext I have tried they do not work. At the moment I need to tap the pad itself to make a left click and hold down CTRL while tapping for a right click. 

I recently installed osX Lion on a Dell Inspiron 9400 using a bootpack and EDP and it worked fairly well so it would be great if I could do the same with the Lenovo.

I see from the compatibility page that there are a few Lenovo machines that have working trackpads and I'm wondering has anybody had any success with the Z580?

Is it possible to request a bootpack for it so I can do a clean install? Any help would be appreciated, these are the specs for the machine....

Graphics - Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 1GB
WIFI - Atheros AR9285
LAN - Realtek PCIe FE
Processor - Intel Core i7 3612QM
Chipset - Intel HM76
8GB RAM

Thanks

There's already a bootpack for the Z580 in the compatibility list but with HD4000 graphics. Can you confirm your Nvidia card is working fully with QE/CI? If not, can it be disable in BIOS and use HD4000.

What vendor is your touchpad? Alps, ElanTouchpad, or synaptics?

There's already a bootpack for the Z580 in the compatibility list but with HD4000 graphics. Can you confirm your Nvidia card is working fully with QE/CI? If not, can it be disable in BIOS and use HD4000.

What vendor is your touchpad? Alps, ElanTouchpad, or synaptics?

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using the HD4000 graphics and the Nvidia card is disabled (I probably shouldn't have included that in the spec :)

The touchpad is Synaptics. Are the bootpacks in the compatibility list not just for the G580 and G570? Could I use these if they have the same specs as the Z580 or would there be subtle differences that could mess up the installation?

• Moderators

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using the HD4000 graphics and the Nvidia card is disabled (I probably shouldn't have included that in the spec :)

The touchpad is Synaptics. Are the bootpacks in the compatibility list not just for the G580 and G570? Could I use these if they have the same specs as the Z580 or would there be subtle differences that could mess up the installation?

Sorry, I misread your model. Do you have QE/CI working with your  current setup? Do you have a working DSDT? 

For touchpad, try the rehabmanMerge version touchpad version here. What other issue are you having?