Dell Latitude D630 Best version to install?

stick2e

Hi All,

First thanks for such of a great forum!!!! Lots of info here WOW!

I hava Dell Latitude D630, Intel x3100 graphics (1280x800) and I been reading a lot on how to make it work... however I have a few questions.

1.  How can I get my OSX Installer files? My Mac that I have started in Mountain Lion :(

2. Whats the most stable setup that I should use?

Any help or directions will be great!  

Thanks,

Stick2e

• Administrators

Look at the Compatibility Chart in the EDP menu at the top of your page. Then you could also head for EDP->Supported Models with Guides section of the forum (for special ML installation - X3100 graphics are no longer supported since ML). Re: OS X installation procedure, please browse through the EDP pages of our web site before heading for the forum, you'll find all that you need.

In my personal experience, the MLPostFactor hack doesn't allow for good gaming on OS X. (Even lower than what it is already)

I would recommend sticking with Lion unless you either use Mac for anything other than high-graphics such as video editing or gaming, or use Windows for that tomfoolery.

LLAP 8-)

• Administrators

No matter the OS, gaming on Latitude D Series with X3100 graphics...  :? basic games maybe.

MLPF would not make games any worse off than they would be under Lion on that laptop since it's totally reversing ML to Lion 10.7.5 graphics handling.