Intel 7260 Dual-Band M.2 NGFF Card

Ramalama

Hello Ramalama,

I have the Sony Vaio Pro 13. The laptop is awesome except for the intel N 7260 (I think same problems of intel 7260ac). The socket is NGFF M2 so im interested in this card BCM94352Z. As I know, this card is the first non intel NGFF M2. Did you finally get it. If so, how is going, is there a driver? for windows 7 or 8 or 8.1? ....thanks in advance

Joe

Hi  :-)

I can ask you all that questions in 3-6 days... My UX301 is in RMA now... there was some errors with one of both ssd and bios brick...

Didn't tested the BCM94352z till now, but i have it already here and ready to build in  :-)

What i can say is, im sure this card will work on osx without problems, just with modified kext or ssdt.

On Windows it should work without problems too...

Its a normal Broadcom 4352 Card just with ngff interface/connector... There is nothing new and nothing different, same card as mpcie version... just as ngff...

ngff is just the connector, and it uses PCI x2 lanes... Our systems (Windows/OSX) should see the card as normal pci card...

And it should be little bit better as the intel 7260 card... Broadcom cards was always better as intel cards...

After i get my laptop back, i will write how-to or something in the thread  :-)

Cheers  :-)

UPDATE:

It's working perfect in Windows 8.1 and OSX :-)

Both Bluetooth and Wifi :-)

Hello RamaLama, I have talked to you in the past about the UX302La. I also have the NGFF/M.2 formatted 7260 card which is unsupported. Is this what your card looks like here? Thanks

Dear Rama,

very good job...can you please share with us the link for drivers both for Windows and Mac OS of this Broadcom ngff m2 card ??

I've found this other card here that maybe fits this ultrabook, but don't know....here is :

http://www.embeddedworks.net/wlan509.html

Also please describe better your feedback of the card, does it have also the NCF function like the intel 7260 ngff ??...how is bluetooth 4.0 hS...it's very much better than intel ?

....thanks in advance !!