Can we add the Precision M6500 as a supported model in EDP?

Mark

• Moderators

Herve,

Yes, I am aware that producing a DSDT in that way will have no effect, I only mentioned it because prior to that the system would not boot from the HD and afterward it would.  Most likely a coincidence, but I figured it was best to state everything I had done.   :)

The system is working well other than needing to figure out the "Could not sign in to iMessage.  An error occurred during activation. Try again." issue.

Try this.

Luis,

As Herve pointed out, that step should have no effect on how the system boots at all.  I am wondering if the act of making changes in Chameleon Wizard and saving them, re-wrote something that was missing or damaged.  That is a total guess but I am otherwise at a loss to explain why my system was not booting from the HD and then started booting properly.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update, I have got the system booting on its own, just a couple of more questions.

Have you got the following working

1 - on board  touch pad /mouse working

2 - USB 3 ports

3 - SD card reader.

Cheers.

This has been a fun project, i had almost given up until i found your post.

Regards

Luis.

Luis,

I am glad you have it booting!  I have not pursued the card reader or USB 3 yet. I have read a few posts that state that USB3 is possible but will have a few usability issues such as kernel panics on removal of hardware under certain circumstances. The touch pad worked "out of box" (OOB) for me including multi-touch gestures so I have not looked at any kexts for it.  

Additional note - I am using my M6500 with the e-port replicator and running an external DVI monitor with no issues.  I am using the ethernet port on the e-port replicator along with all the USB ports, also with no issues.

I have the M6500 with the 580 i5 cpu and FX2800 M6500 as well.

I was able to get 10.9.1 installed, and for the most part working. USB 3.0 is good, and ethernet, bluetooth are good.

What wireless adapter do you have working? (Dell 13xx series)

Do you have the tap working on the touch pad? 

Which Audio VoodoHDA kext file did you use, and does the scroll/slider work for volume?

Thank you!

This thread brings me great hope. I have a M6500 with a Core i7-Q740 and am looking to try this. For the most part, it sounds like almost everything works OOTB. Is there a final laundry list of things that need to happen to get it working? 

Is anyone able to get a Bootpack made, is it a WIP, or is this not necessary?