EDP 1.9 Released

Leon

@Leon,

I removed the Extra folder along with Extensions on S/L/E and then did a fresh EDP install, selected option 10. i.e. build for D830 Intel. I think it was some sort of conflict between previously installed kexts and the newer versions, plus I read some where at forum that from time to time people have this issue, but a fresh installed resolved it.

Every thing working fine except for the sleep function. Sleep does not work neither by closing the lid or selecting sleep from menu. The screen goes black but the activity and power remains on. I did try the Sleep guide from WIki still wont work.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Working almost everything fine in Lion, only the one little brightness problem. Big thanks to Bronxteck and the other Elites! :)

You do know what the fix for the brigthness problem is .. right ?

Yeah, put it to sleep and then wake it up. But i've got another problem: after wake up, my keyboard not working properly. I mean some shortcuts (as Space for Quick Look, or shift-cmd-3 for screenshot) does not do anything. Before I put the machine in sleep, it works. I tried it with an external keyboard, and worked everything perfectly after wake up, but with the internal keyboard, it does'nt. I also tried the all four PS/2 kexts. Any suggestion?

EDP 1.9 is working here with Lion on a D620 with Intel GMA.

Only got 2 little problems:

-Internal Bluetooth isn't working in Lion. It worked in SL with EDP 1.8 though.

For now I'm using an external USB dongle with my magic mouse.

-If I put the laptop to sleep with a USB device installed(e.g. Bluetooth dongle) the usb port doesn't work anymore when waking up.

Maybe this is an issue that's also preventing the internal bluetooth from working?

I sometimes had the brightness issue but Leon's fix seems to work fine(replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext)

I have tested it with 2GB and 4GB of ram. 2GB is slow after just opening a few programs. 4GB is actualy faster then Snow Leopard.

Trackpad is working perfect with Voodoo Kext. Magic mouse is fabulous with the new gestures.

Battery meter keeps saying battery needs service but battery life is actually a bit better than with SL('bout 2h45m vs 2h30m).

Maybe this new speedstep emulating thing is the reason because the laptop is also staying cooler.

For the rest very impressed with Lion though I have seen some minor bugs witch are according to me not hackintosh related(1KP and a few Safari crashes).

Oh and I installed Lion via the method described on the tonycrapx86 website. And the € 23,99 was well worth it for Lion.