EDP 1.9 Released

Leon

No to be an asshole ... but 1.9 is for SL.. _not_ for Lion ;) .. that we are working on now...

I know Leon. But since I have 2 laptops I though why not give it a try. And it's maybe interesting to know what works and what's broken with Lion ;)

Oh, and fyi the USB problem is plaguing me since the very beginning I tried OSX on my latitude. And that's if I remember EDP 1.5 and SL 10.6.4.

All in all I think Lion is pretty stable with EDP 1.9 although it's not made for it :D And very fast!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Lion is working fine with EDP 1.9, I don't have any hackintosh related bug. Only just some "bugs" that are exist on real Macs too: Animation lags, like opening a folder in launchpad, MPlayerX and MPlayer OSX Extended have some serious problems, like full screen audio delay, so I need to use VLC or Movist for MKV movies.

Upgraded to 10.6.8 and looks good!

2 things - flickering monitor all the time (not hardware related because it only starts when the OS loads), including the brightness issue (near full dim on boot)

And second, scrolling stopped working!

I saw that replacing the appleframebuffer kext fixes some issues with the monitor, but leon's link is 404'd, can someone zip/email/link me the file?

Any thoughts on scrolling - d430 core duo 10.6.8 edp 1.9 with the voodoo ps2 i believe. Not looking at it now but it was the first option during the edp kext modificaton.

Thanks!

Matt

Thanks for the files and help!

I installed the new AppleIntelIntegrated kext, however, it is still super dim when the machine boots. I can use Fn+F12 to raise the brightness and once it is at full brightness it stops flickering, but it was like that before. Sorry, should have mentioned I was looking to have this fixed on boot.

I did check the bios and that has been off since my first build with this model. (10.6.7 D430)

Anyway, the other two issues I have seen were:

- I still cannot scroll, and I am using the latest EDP with the above kext selection

- When it is plugged in to the AC adapter it deep sleeps fine, but if it is on battery and the lid is closed then it stays running, the screen sleeps but then has to be powered off in order to resolve the issue.

Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone!

I am listing the complete details of how the EDP 1.9 is running on my D830 Intel machine. I did a fresh install and here are the results:

1- WiFi, Audio, Graphic Display (1280x800), Keyboard & Trackpad working fine.

2- Audio delay is negligible.

3- Extended display works best when the VGA cable is attached as the system is being booted.

4- As with EDP 1.8 the normal operating temperatures for my D830 were plus 55 C and above. Now they stay below 50 degrees some time below 40 degrees as well, so yes the machine is operating at lower temperatures.

5- Sleep is not working, Wiki instructions are of no help as sleep remains disabled. Instead when the sleep function is choosen from menu or lid is closed the only thing that happens is screen getting black. The power light stays ON and stable, thus no breathing. Opening the lid or pressing the power button does not bring the display back.

Update1: Sleep issue resolved, rebuilt the Kexts, using EDP tool, selected Applepower management instead of NullCPU as advised by Bronx.

Update2: As expected after removal of NullCPU the running temperatures are higher as compared to with NullCPU installed.