Audio is not working on my D830 nvidia

neverly1

On my Precision M4300, very similar to your D830, I had serious audio issues (including the audio not recognizing at all on some boots) until I did the performance optimizations mentioned in the thread https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3078-m4300-no-ethernet/

I found that audio would skip and sputter even on those instances when it would load properly; this was with EDP rev 762 on 10.9.  And I found it would not load at all (even to the point of not showing the volume control) at least one out of every four boots.  Some audio programs triggered worse sputtering than others.

When I applied the performance optimizations all of that went away and audio now works well and works consistently.  When I reboot into OSX I'll look and see which version of the VoodooHDA I'm using (it's probably the same one as posted above).

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunally, audio still is not working, even it does with this machine when I boot into windows.

So I think there is no hw defect.

I installed the VoodooHDA files with no effort.

I have attached an output from system information which shows no audio installed.

Today I have upgraded the BIOS from A15 to A16. Nothing changed.

I have installed EDP 769 I think.

@rosmaniac: This thread was a bit confusing for me. 
Can you please explain in more detail what to do and where to start.

@Herve: Do you have any idea what to do and what to test to find out whats wrong?

What about the options in EDP?

Thank you for your help.

post-48221-0-95328300-1387997561_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Can you please confirm in your BIOS that the audio is Sigmatel 9205 and that lspci -nn Terminal returns the following?

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 02)
Thanks.