M4300 Keyboard and Touchpad

Hanswurst

Hello everybody.

After a successful and easy installation of a D630 with 10.6.8 I started with my new project a M4300 with 10.9

Here I have massive problems with Keyboard and Touchpad: I am not able to get them working. I tried all possibilities in EDP. But non worked, perhaops of some old remaining kexts after trying too many different keyboard kexts?

Which settings does work for you?

Bte. Is there a bug in EDP: In org.Chameleon the DSDT storage location is not specified. Default is / but as it is located in /Extra it is not loaded in my case until I edit org. Chameleon manually.

Thanks.

Yours Simon

P.S.: As I prefere to install kexts manually, can perhaps someone provide me working /Extra folrder which I can use? THANKS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Try the attached. Note that it contains the patched Broadcom kext for DW1395/DW1397 wireless card + the patched CSR Bluetooth kext to support manual activation/deactivation of DW350/DW360 BT modules through Finder bar BT icon. These 2 kexts should be deleted if not applicable to you.

Otherwise, please note that the pack contains:

- patched DSDT (you may need to edit it to reflect your own wireless card: look in System Report -> PCI cards)

- tuned FakeSMC + Cham boot plist + SMBIOS plist

- newer BCM5722D LAN kext to fix the well-known heavy traffic seizure

M4300_Extra.zip

PS: a DSDT table placed in / or /Extra under filename "dsdt.aml" or "DSDT.aml" does not need to be specified in the Chameleon boot plist. There's no bug in EDP on that matter...

Oh, and make sure to stick to BIOS A15!

Hi Hervé.

Thanks for your support. I tried your Extra Folder but not facing different problems (currently it even does not boot):

First thing was "waiting for rootdevice". I fixed it ( I think I fixed it, I am not 100% shure) by setting PCIROOT=1 in org.Chameleon.boot.plist

But now I have "Geforce Sensor: Still waiting for accelerator to start. 

I tried DSDT provided by E.D.P. which gives me black screen at each first boot and at second boot it works, but Keyboard and touchpad is missing.

I am  really lost,. It was such an easy thing with my GA-G41MT-D3V and my D630 with NVIDIA card. 

Update: Fixed Permissions and regenerated MKEXT gets me to boot. Black screen seems to be a reboot problem. But now keaboard and trackpad missing wiuth your kexts :-) Will try to replace it with VoodooPS2 

• Administrators

If you've done a proper myHack installation, the /Extra folder I attached will get you going in a fully tuned mode. Just remember to run myFix (full) and update Chameleon (to r2283 at the moment) through the Wizard.

Again, make sure you run BIOS A15 and that it is setup according to the recommended parameters listed in the pinned thread.

If you follows those instructions, you cannot go wrong, I guarantee successful results.

Hi.

I start right now from scratch with a myHack Install Stick, then applying your /Extra. 

In past I used a manual generated Mavericks USB Stick and KextWizzard to apply the Extra folder. 

One last question: I have a AR5B91 as wireless card which is recognized as Airport Card. But to be honest, I will not be able to update your dsdt like you told me.  :?  Can you give me more advices or update it  :roll: Or isn't there a need to update it? 

19 min to go....the installer tells me. 

Yours Simon

I like this forum here :-P  Thanks a lot.

Current status and problems :?

Created myHack installation stick with Extra folder from bootpack here from E.D.P site. Works well. Also copied Herves Folder to subdir on stick, Installation went fine. I have choosen custom extra fikder and selected Herves subdir. All fine, and to be shure booted again to installation, started myHack and did a myFix (full) again.

With -x I am not able to start. It hangs at "GeForce Sensors: Still waiting for accelerator to start.........", if I boot with -F -x I got kernel panic because of HPET or Intel CPU Powermanagement....I am not shure.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6460738/OSX/2013-12-28%2020.13.35.jpg

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6460738/OSX/2013-12-28%2020.22.36.jpg

P.S.: Used forum search and tried with "-f GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and I got a successfull boot.....without Keyboard and Touchpad, and also USB is not working properly. I checked BIOS settings again and all are fine.

• Administrators

Why are you booting with -x flag??? That is safe mode! There is absolutely no reason for you to do that. Safe mode does not permit graphics kexts to be loaded so you'll have no graphics acceleration.

When you create your USB installer, you should just use my /Extra folder instead of the OSXL bootpack. So redo your "Install Extra" again, pointing to my /Extra folder provided above. Then boot your installer normally.

To reflect your AR5B91 wireless card, copy the DSDT table found in the /Extra folder I provided above to your desktop. Assuming you have Chameleon Wizard installed (and not any other EDST editor tool), double click on the dsdt.aml file to decompile it and open the resulting .dsl file in TextEditor. Then replace the whole device (ARPT) section with the following code:

Device (ARPT)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x09, 
                        0x03
                    })
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x0C)
                            {
                                "model", 
                                Buffer (0x26)
                                {
                                    "Atheros AR928x 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless"
                                }, 

"device_type", 
                                Buffer (0x08)
                                {
                                    "AirPort"
                                }, 

"built-in", 
                                Buffer (One)
                                {
                                     0x00
                                }, 

"name", 
                                Buffer (0x10)
                                {
                                    "AirPort Extreme"
                                }, 

"AAPL,slot-name", 
                                Buffer (0x09)
                                {
                                    "Internal"
                                }, 

"compatible", 
                                Buffer (0x0B)
                                {
                                    "pci168c,30"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }

Save the edited .dsl file then double click on it to compile it with Chameleon Wizard DSDT compiler. Place the resulting dsdt.aml to /Extra and reboot. You should then see the Atheros card being properly reported in System Report. 

My fault. Of course I booted NOT with -x but with "-F -v".

Update: I have a running OSX. I renamed dsdt.aml to DSDT.aml........event that this normally should not be the problems. But without mouse. I installed myHack to be able to run it win working system: A lot of errors pop up: Can not install kexts. Ask vendor for another one...... :?  So I will start again like suggested this time.

One question: Are you shure with the "(" here:

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x09, 

0x03
                    })
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

and here

Buffer (0x0B)
                                {
                                    "pci168c,30"
                                }
                            }, Local0)   or perpas one missing before Local?
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Because I get u"unexpected end of file" while compiling.

Thanks.

Yours Simon