M4300 Keyboard and Touchpad

Hanswurst

• Administrators

Yes I'm 200% sure of the code, I use it in my D630n DSDT.

Make sure you copy paste it properly and, if you use TextEdit, that option Smart Quotes is not ticked in menu Edit->Substitutions. That tends to mess up DSDT source code and cause compilation errors if set...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and a happy New Year to all.

Did it exactly like Herve suggested. The strange thing: in the USB installer media all is fine. I have keyboard and mouse, every boot works.

But as soon as I have installed (and added the same extra folder to my new installation with myhack) mouse and keyboard does not work. CPU and grafik is running at lowest speed (CPU at 800 MHz, even that it is a 2,1 ghz).

Any idea why it works in USB installer media but not in a installed system? I installed 10.9.1 because I downloaded it just a few days ago in AppStore.

Thanks.

Yours Simon

Hi Herve.

I installed countless times now, Also downloaded Mavericks once again and recreated USB Install Stick. 

One thing I forgot to mention: First boot always lead to black screen. Second boot is then successful. Are there perhaps dofferent versions of M4300? Do I have to delet some original kexts for PS2 to get the ones in your extra folder wokring?

Update: During boot he can not find SMBios.plist. Even that it is present. Also Chameleon Wizzard has this problem: If I open it, it recognizes existing org.Chameleon.Boot.plist, but tells me "no SMBios.plist" found, until I choose the one on Extra folder manually. Fixed my performance problem !!!!! Speedstep is working fine from 800 to 2100 Mhz.

WLAN Card is also working now. I forgot to delete the DW1395 kext.  :| my fault. 

So keyboard and trackpad is the last thing to do. Runs veerrryyyy Smoooth this machine. 

Thanks.

Yours Simon 

One thing I forgot to mention: First boot always lead to black screen. Second boot is then successful. Are there perhaps dofferent versions of M4300?

I have seen this with my M4300 as well, when booting the install USB and before installing EDP.  But I haven't seen (with the rev 762 EDP and associated bootpack) the keyboard and mouse issue.

Hello.

After a few additional tries with EDP on a cloned installation I found out that the modified Voodoo Drivers from bdepmen are working. So I copied them to my main installation, run myFix and now i have working keyboard and trackpad - even the settings can be modified in general trackpad preferences.

So I thing I did it :-P but still not aware why I faced such problems :mrgreen:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6460738/OSX/Extra.zip

Attached my current Extra Folder.

And big thanks to Herve who supported me and provided basic Extra Folder.

Yours Simon

Sorry, doublepost :mrgreen:

One little problem left.....simple for shure, but I can not get it right now:

My new Dreammachine is booting verbose even that I did NOT specify it on org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Is there an other way to tell: Boot verbose? If I hit a key in Chameleon Bootloader to set some parameters I can see -v written there. But where does it come from?

Many Thanks.

Simon

• Moderators

Sorry, doublepost :mrgreen:

One little problem left.....simple for shure, but I can not get it right now:

My new Dreammachine is booting verbose even that I did NOT specify it on org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Is there an other way to tell: Boot verbose? If I hit a key in Chameleon Bootloader to set some parameters I can see -v written there. But where does it come from?

Many Thanks.

Simon

that gets cached if you cold shutdown your system. Interrupt the boot on reboot, remove the -v and boot normally. Then shutdown or restart to see if that's resolved.