M4300 Keyboard and Touchpad

Hanswurst

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

Fixed the bootargs by deleting nvram file - thanks.

Also blank screen bug is fixed: I modified in DSDT the Grapics device from NVDA,Quadro to NVDA,Parent (adress was correct 0x0C) like described in D830 thread here in forum and it works.

Last thing to get it working perfekt: Touchpad driver:

• I used the one provided in Herves folder - which does not work (it works, and very smooth,  in installer but not in installed system - never seen such an issue before). 
  • It works with Rehabmans VoodooPS2 driver - but touchpad is not operating very well.
  • It works well with the "modified PS2 kext" provided by EDP but I can not move windows or icons: If I press the trackpad buttons I can move cursor arround but the window or icon I pointed to does not move. Diffucult to describe. As if a long press of mouse buttons does not work, it is like clicking the mouse only.

Update: Got it working, just activated it in prefpane 8-)  Now it works like charm !!!! Will attach my updated Extra folder this evening.

So any suggestion which driver works as smooth as this modified Apple PS2 and also give me that focus thing back? :-P

Thanks.

Yours Simon

Hello everybody, especially Herve who helped me that much. 

Keyboard and Touchpad is working now after I activated "click and move" in touchpad prefpane.But I will try the generic PS2 from myHack anyway because 

I am missing some keys on my keyboard: Left Strg key is not working at all (only right one), also FN not. I checked it by opening Keyboard layout. And on the layout which is showing in OSX there are less keys than I have on my Dell keyboard physically   :-o

The main question: OSX is thinking it has a normal USB keyboard attached, no Laptop keyboard which has additional keys. Is this a layout issue (then I can adjust with ukulele perhaps) or a driver issue? 

In addition  ;-) an external monitor is only recognized via docking station - not via VGA port on backside of laptop. Any ideas?

Yours Simon

• Administrators

For keyboard, I always use a combination of DoubleCommand (supports Mavericks now) for CMD/Alt keys + Logitech layouts provided by Ukelele (placed in /Library/KeyboardLayouts) that I then select through Language Pref Pane for other keys positioning such as @, \, etc.

• Administrators

:-o Tuh, tuh, tuh, of course it is! Through the Input Sources tab, although it is a little different in Mav:

Up to ML: look down in the alphabetical list at L for your added Logitech layout

LangPrefPane01.png

Mav: you have to click on Keyboard Preferences... button, then on + in Keyboard pane, then look in Others.

Mav01.png

Mav02.png

Mav03.png

Hi Herve. 

I have spoken about the Dell layout I found somewhere in the internet :-) This one was not recognized. And I also can not load and edit it in Ukulele.

The Logitech Layout from Ukulele I haven't tried. I will try this evening. 

Yours Simon

Hello.

Perhaps I explained not detailed enough, so here my problem in screens: 

The Dell keyboard physically looks like this: 

dell%20layout.jpg

If I open ukulele or also the keyboard layout in OSX Statusbar it loosk like this: 

mylayout.jpg

As you can see there is missing one key on the left side, on the right side is one key too much.

I found this screenshot of a layout in the internet, it includes for example FN key and also in right side it seems to match.How do I modify my layout or my driver that the layout is equal to the physical keyboard?

better.jpg

Thanks. 

Yours Simon

P.S.: Also if I open Logitech layouts the position/amount of keys on left and right of space key is not matching and is same as in my fist ukulele screen. 

• Administrators

Ha, well, I don't know about your particular country layout, all I know is that the French Logitech Layout fits perfectly to the Dell French keyboards. You seem to have opted for a numerical keyboard model, I never do that for a laptop (unless it has a num keypad).