M4300 Keyboard and Touchpad

Hanswurst

Hi Herve. 

I haven't done this selection on my own.  :|  It has been like this from beginning.

And that's my question: Is this selection a driver issue (because your PS2 kexts does not work for my modell), a selection somewhere in preferences or something which has to be edited with ukulele or similar.

Does your physical keyboard look the same like mine? Only the function keys left and right of the space key?

Thanks.

Yours Simon

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

All Latitude keyboards are more or less the same, only the national particularities differ (you're QWERTY, I'm AZERTY). But yes, the lower part of the keyboards is the same for all models.

I can only recommend that you use the (DE?) Logitech layout found in the Ukelele dmg as I found it matches our keyboards more or less perfectly. I then use DoubleCommand to make some swapping of Alt-CMD keys and activate PC-like keys such as HOME and END keys.

I see no reason why PS2 kexts that worked on my M4300 (now sold) would not work on yours. The underlying hardware is the same and a mere different layout would not prevent the drivers to work.

I checked it out right now again on a blank USB disk:

3 Partitions, GPT, Mac OS FS: 

• OS
  • Install
  • Stuff

On Stuff partition only your extracted EXTRA folder ist located.

On Install partition I created Mavericks install media with myHack, afterwards implemented your Extra folder with myHack and run myFix again.

Boot into installer -> Keyboard and touchpad works like charm  :-P

Start installation on first partition, within installation myHack poped up, choose "Use your own", selected your EXTRA folder exactly the same as during creation of install media, let it finish, run myFix again just to be shure. 

Reboot....................................................................................

No Touchpad and no Keyboard  :|  Do I have to delete any OSX keyboard or touchpad drivers in S/L/E which are perhaps not load for the installer but then later in the bootet OS?

Yours Simon

Try the attached. Note that it contains the patched Broadcom kext for DW1395/DW1397 wireless card + the patched CSR Bluetooth kext to support manual activation/deactivation of DW350/DW360 BT modules through Finder bar BT icon. These 2 kexts should be deleted if not applicable to you.

Otherwise, please note that the pack contains:

- patched DSDT (you may need to edit it to reflect your own wireless card: look in System Report -> PCI cards)

- tuned FakeSMC + Cham boot plist + SMBIOS plist

- newer BCM5722D LAN kext to fix the well-known heavy traffic seizure

attachicon.gifM4300_Extra.zip

PS: a DSDT table placed in / or /Extra under filename "dsdt.aml" or "DSDT.aml" does not need to be specified in the Chameleon boot plist. There's no bug in EDP on that matter...

Oh, and make sure to stick to BIOS A15!

hello, please need some help

i tried to istall niresh mavericks 10.9 on my m4300 but he didnt wont

he just stopped in the installation with this :  fakesmc fatal error

please i had the bios configuration also good configurated