Install OS X Snow Leopard on Dell Latitude E6500

cole2013

Okay so I want to install Snow Leopard on my e6500.  I have the genuine snow leopard cd imaged to a thumb drive.  I'm not sure what to do from here.  The only thing I've hackintoshed in the past was a dell mini 9, which was a breeze.  Thanks for your input!

• Administrators

Well, it all depends on your ability to have a Mac or a Hack system at your disposal at the moment. If you do, then just use myHack to make your USB installer, knowing that an older version such as v3.1.2 is better suited for SL than subsequent releases (v3.2/v3.3). You can point myHack to your SL .dmg image without a problem, although it probably will ask you to mount it first.

If you do not have a Mac or a Hack, then you can consider Nawcom's ModCD as a bootable installer (it comes as a downloadable .iso image that you restore to CD/DVD) but that normally requires a retail SL DVD or a USB key with a restored image of retail SL. Since you say you have the imaged .dmg package on your USB key, that probably won't do for ModCD. You'd have to find a way to restore that image to a key and that requires a Mac or a Hack too!