D630 Half Screen Blank

rj1

Hi Everybody,

I have a D630 2GHZ, 2GB RAM, Intel x3100, 1280 x 800 display, Bios A12 - runs 10.6.7 totally happy.

I have a D630 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, Intel x3100, 1440 x 900 display, Bios A17. I have a 10.6.7 install (largely copied from the 2Ghz D630) which boots up like the photo attached. I've tried fiddling with various Graphics Mode strings in Boot.plist to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea how I might cure this problem please? It seems a few others have had this problem though I cannot find a documented fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please just ask if I need to provide any further information. Thanks again.post-1967-005074400 1312209571_thumb.jpg

Hi Everybody,

I have a D630 2GHZ, 2GB RAM, Intel x3100, 1280 x 800 display, Bios A12 - runs 10.6.7 totally happy.

I have a D630 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, Intel x3100, 1440 x 900 display, Bios A17. I have a 10.6.7 install (largely copied from the 2Ghz D630) which boots up like the photo attached. I've tried fiddling with various Graphics Mode strings in Boot.plist to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea how I might cure this problem please? It seems a few others have had this problem though I cannot find a documented fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please just ask if I need to provide any further information. Thanks again.post-1967-005074400 1312209571_thumb.jpg

Wanna give the attached dsdt a spin :P I believe it is just what you are looking for :)

1440x900_dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks for the replies. I'm still struggling though I'm afraid. It's a busy week so I haven't got enough time to get into it properly. Will report back when I've had a proper look. Thanks.

• Administrators

Hi, I get the following crash when I try to boot with the new dsdt:

SDC10183 (1).jpg

I'm stuck now as I don't know what to try. Any ideas please. Greatly appreciated.

it looks like your networking is causing the issue. some people replace those 3 kexts shown in the log with the ones from 10.6.7 and have had success. you can try them in E/E and rebuild your mkext. if not then you have to replace the ones in S/L/E with something like Kext wizard. and rebuild catches.

What install method did you use please?

What i did:

I had 10.6.4 running on my d630 installed edp.1.9 on in and installed it. After that i had a lion partition from my other hack gigabyte p55m-ud2 copied to an usb disk

I copied the new extra folder from edp1.9 from my 10.6.4 to that lion partition. Copied also that new dsdt from this thread installed chameleon and booted it.

That worked for my. After that test i made a copy from my usb disk to my internal disk on on my other hack with disk utilitie. Put my disk back in the d630 and it worked for me. I only had to remove the battery.kext and installed the latest voodoohda .

Thanks for the input everyone.

I got my system going: I removed the ANATEL wireless card. Then I used myHack for the initial install of 10.6.3. Then I used EDP 1.9 with pretty standard selections including sleepenabler. Then I copied in the DSDT from above (thanks very much). Then I removed the sleepenabler kext and ran Kext Wizard.

Successful boot into 10.6.3 with a full screen display. Software update to 10.6.8, didn't restart when it was done. Downloaded the 10.6.8 sleepenabler, installed it and ran Kext Wizard. Rebooted - everything happy.

Waiting for a Broadcom wireless card to arrive so I can get my wireless going. Bluetooth not working but I think it might be the card, got on on order.

I'm liking the new machine, it's definitely a bit snappier than my original D630 and the extra screen resolution is big bonus. Thanks for your help.

• Administrators

most of the time when you have a dell bluetooth 340/350 that does not seem to work and is enabled in bios it needs a firmware update for vista/seven from the dell site. if it was flashed for xp use then it will not be detected, needs activation from vista/seven..