D630 Half Screen Blank

rj1

most of the time when you have a dell bluetooth 340/350 that does not seem to work and is enabled in bios it needs a firmware update for vista/seven from the dell site. if it was flashed for xp use then it will not be detected, needs activation from vista/seven..

Oh it's embarrassing but I'm going to admit it - it was the switch on the side. Everything ok now.

Thanks again Bronxteck

• Like 1

thank you so much for the dsdt 1440x900

my Dell D630 is working out of the box

LION is running very well

all is ok

thank you very much for your work

all the best

now i'm looking to get LION working on a Dell E6400

a couple of day , i suppose !!!!

it's for fun and experience ;)

/Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/2011-08-09 15.46.00.jpg

thank you so much for the dsdt 1440x900

my Dell D630 is working out of the box

LION is running very well

all is ok

thank you very much for your work

all the best

now i'm looking to get LION working on a Dell E6400

a couple of day , i suppose !!!!

it's for fun and experience ;)

/Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/2011-08-09 15.46.00.jpg

You are most welcome!

Wanna give the attached dsdt a spin :P I believe it is just what you are looking for :)

Hi, it seems it's really easy to tip my system into that half-screen state that your dsdt had fixed. The slightest change to my setup and it goes there again. Do you know specifically what causes this? What is changed in your dsdt that fixes (sometimes) the problem.

If there's any other help or advice you could give me I'd be really grateful. I've had to completely reinstall several times and I can't seem to get past the initial stage without going to half-screen again.

Thanks, Rich

Rich, did you use EDP tool to rebuild your configuration?

If so, most logical answer is that the edptool replaces your fixed DSDT with the standard one out of the ressource folder.

Just go into /Extra/Models/d630-Intel and replace the dsdt with the fixed one. That way, whenever you rebuild your configuration, the correct dsdt version will be used.

Thanks Zeppo. I didn't realise EDP placed a new DSDT in /Extra each time.

I now have successful installs of bothe 10.6.8 and 10.7.

I'm wondering a bout one thing though: I have a 2.2Mhz D630 but it shows up as 2.01Mhz in About This Mac. I thought this might be something to do with pStateMenu but it's not as it stays the same when I removed it. Does anyone have any idea why my system appears to be slightly slowed down? Thanks