Dell D830 and Mavericks

beeson76

Sorry if this has been covered before in the forums...I have searched the forums I thought pretty thoroughly and I cant find a direct answer when usually it is answered directly when a new OS comes out.  But anyway I have a couple of quick questions.

Does Mavericks work really well with the D830?  I have a really stable 10.8.5 setup and I am very happy with it, but I kinda have a inkling to update now.  Is there any bugs, problems that I need to be aware of before I take the plunge.

How do I update?  I am sure the update is more than updating through the App Store.  I wish it was that easy.  Or do I have to create a USB bootable stick etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for the hard work guys.  I have been using My Dells for a long time with EDP and the help of you guys.  Keep up the Great Work!!  The hard work of you guys have made my old Dell into an awesome machine:):)

Thanks again for the awesome work!!:)

• Administrators

Mavericks is fully supported on nVidia models only. Just refer to the compatibility chart.

There are no specific issues or bugs. You need to proceed with brand new installation using the usual process and you can install over your existing ML setup to keep your existing files and apps. Mavericks will run just as well as ML 10.8.5 on that laptop.

Thanks Herve for the reply.  Just to clarify...when you say the usual method, do you mean following the Pre-Installation, Installation, and Post Installation Guides found on OSX Latitude...making the USB stick.

Thanks for the clarification.