Mavericks on SonicMaster---SOLVED--WORKING--

osx9010

Hello, I built a bootable usb with maverick and myhack 3.3. I tried to boot it with my asus Q301LA but during the boot up, it just restarts automatically. I have tried using different switches such as -v -x and other generics flags but it will just restart on it own. It goes by very fast so I cannot tell what errors were encountered.

Any help would be greatful!

Thanks.

------------------------------WORKING------------SCROLL DOWN TO POST #11----------------------------------

Well this is maybe a MSR lock issue. With Mavericks the Power Management is handled by the kernel and not by AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext

The kernel need to write some values in some registers which are locked on some BIOS. That's why the kernel panic.

See this post : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

Use the kernel post in attachement, he is xcpm-free so there is no power management. Boot and install OS X.

Then manage to have power management. The best solution is to use Clover Bootloader with Kernel PM patch set to true in the config. With this, you can use the stock kernel, all is auto-patched by Clover.

See this : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#KernelPm

^Hi, I was able to boot into the installer by patching that kernel but after the installer loads, No more USB. Which is where i'm stuck. If i put my HD into a usb port, i'll be stuck with the waiting on root device. If i put the HD into the laptop itself, then i can get into the installer but NO USB. At this point, i can launch disk utility and partition to osx partition but my hd is mbr parition in order to install unifail. I cannot wipe my install hd to convert to GUID. Myhack has something that supports installing osx on mbr does unifail have something like that?