weird issue with Ethernet

macluscious

I had been just able to install Lion on D830 using myhack and latest EDP 1.9. Trackpad, keyboard, sound all working. The thing is there is no wifi available, ethernet is visible but strangely I can see ethernet connected with an ip address showing when there is no ethernet cable plugged in. ANy ideas, a screenshot is attached below.

post-123-011273900 1312352090_thumb.jpg

My adapter is BCM 4311 Revision2. I had already rebrabded it but so far I have not been able to get WiFi working on Lion. Its working perfect on SnowLeopard, I rarely use ethernet in any case the only thing stopping me from using Lion is actually the WiFi, not to mention startup and shutdown times are quite long as well.

• Administrators

My adapter is BCM 4311 Revision2. I had already rebrabded it but so far I have not been able to get WiFi working on Lion. Its working perfect on SnowLeopard, I rarely use ethernet in any case the only thing stopping me from using Lion is actually the WiFi, not to mention startup and shutdown times are quite long as well.

have you tried the d630 DSDT to compare shutdown times? startups take long with chameleon. try adding this kernel flag to org.chameleon.Boot.plist npci=0x2000

hi I had same problem with my broadcom 4311 I fixed it

Have a look here

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/610-bcm4311-lion/

my last post

I enclose kext don't forget to delete I080211 family next

Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext.zip

• Like 1