weird issue with Ethernet

macluscious

hi I had same problem with my broadcom 4311 I fixed it

Have a look here

http://forum.osxlati...0-bcm4311-lion/

my last post

I enclose kext don't forget to delete I080211 family next

Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext.zip

Well that solved the WiFi issue, now its fully functional actually I am having a feeling its working better then SL, as the youtube streaming in HD is not lagging at all, but now there is a new issue. I can hear the sound in iTunes but no sound when use browser to view Youtube. Any suggestions.

Well that solved the WiFi issue, now its fully functional actually I am having a feeling its working better then SL, as the youtube streaming in HD is not lagging at all, but now there is a new issue. I can hear the sound in iTunes but no sound when use browser to view Youtube. Any suggestions.

Go into Sound PrefPane and choose you internal speaker as output device. Again and again. Sometimes it needs time to accept. After that you should be fine.

Go into Sound PrefPane and choose you internal speaker as output device. Again and again. Sometimes it needs time to accept. After that you should be fine.

The only thing I see are Headphone (Black Left), not the internal speakers. By the way I am using VoodooHDA 2.2 placed in Lion/System/LIbrary/Extensions folder.

Here is a screen shot of my prefpane for sound

post-123-096944700 1313272359_thumb.png

Did you have working sound b4 you installed the kext??

It is weird to see that it is not working as it is on many other D830s- Try this version of VoodooHDA, it might solve your issues.

Replace the old version in /Extra/Extensions with this one

Run EDP tool and on the first screen choose option a - rebuild Extensions.mkext out of existing kexts in /Extra/Extensions folder

This will include the new VoodooHDA into your Extensions.mkext and repair permissions

Reboot and cross the fingers.

I went on to reinstall the Lion, I choose EDP option for Intel D830, well things did not work well. For the most part I was getting a KP regarding VoodooHDA. I logged back in SL and replaced the Extra folder with the one on install USB, reinstalled EDP but this time choose D630 X3100 build. Walla every thing is working fine. But I do thing I need to update my ram from 3 to 4 gb as the performance seems to be a bit sluggish not by a lot but still can feel it.

Yes one thing more I installed Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2 kext to S/L/E, WiFi is working great as well.

I installed Macbook Pro 4.1 FakeSMC but I am still seeing macbook rather then macbook pro in my system profile.

Well, although it's not the most common way to solve d830 issues, if it works - great! Nice to see you made it.

Yes, RAM is the component which can only be replaced by more RAM. :) The more you have - the nicer.

However, look into VoodooHDA issue. I found out that version 2.2.1 will give me random KP's on Lion boot, like one in 4 or 5 boots.

I installed the one i've pointed you to and didn't see any issues with it. Also, I could get rid of Boom app, which was fixing the sound delay in SnoLeo (EDP delivers the SoundFlower app for the same purpose). It was a CPU hog, using 25% of the CPU time continuously. I don't know if sound lag is a no issue with Lion or if VoodooHDA was a culprit in SL, but all is good with VoodooHDA 2.7.1.

Actually I have been getting roughly the same amount of KP's with the VoodooHDA 2.2.1 as you did, plus a bit of HSSSSSSSSS noise from time to time. I did installed Soundflower on Lion but right now I am not facing any problems with sound delay so the app is inactive. I am replacing the VoodooHDA kext with the one you pointed me to, so lets see how the results come. By the way any idea on how to resolve the FakeSMC issue.

AFAIK, your machine is defined by smbios.plist and you get one installing EDP. So, it is not the fakeSMC causing you seeing the wrong machine but the information in smbios.plist. It defines your machine as MacBook3,1. I think that's because this is the next best Apple definition for your D830. If you still want to have MacBook Pro, you need other smbios.plist or you need to change the one you have accordingly.