HP h8 1110 Extra anyone?

chasmataz

ok, i read somewhere i can get the dsdt from a ubuntulive cd...now if i boot the ubuntu cd do i save the dsdt to a usb drive and try to edit it there and then transfer it to my "generic" extra folder?

also i don't understand this whole "uefi" stuff; chameleon doesn't want to boot it from the HDD but will boot it from the iFail cd...i just point it to the myhack usb stick and install from there but i can't get it to boot after install with anything except the iFail cd (dvd).

anyone got an idea how to fix this? it's running 10.7.5 great but i just can't get it to boot by itself.

• Administrators

GUID is fine. To boot, you need a bootloader such as Chameleon (that's what we recommend) but I don't think that is compatible with UEFI. Can you switch back to legacy at all?

If you still have Windows, you can use a tool like Aida64 Engineering to extract your DSDT and various other ACPI tables. Failing that, from Mac OS/OS X, it can be done through tools like DSDTEditor or Chameleon Wizard; this on the condition that you're not already using a DSDT file or it will simply extract that, rendering the task useless!

got it all working pretty well; it still won't boot without the iFail cd, but i ran the simple dsdtgui came up with zero errors and 26 optimizations. when i set the boot to legacy it kernel panics for some reason.

i need to admit i'm a newbie, i just always use myhack and edp and everything has always worked. getting into this hp has been a challenge. it's weird, i can't get the myhack thumb drive to boot and i used the iFail cd to boot the myhack thumb to do the install, too weird but it works.

i don't do windows, but i may change this machine over to an ubuntu machine just to have something different.

thanx for the reply.

ok thanx; i'll give it a shot. it's actually running pretty well, just doesn't want to boot.

when i disable uefi booting it won't boot at all, so i'm stuck using the cd boot, which isn't the worst thing to happen, just a little frustrating when you're as anal as i am trying to get everything working right.

thanx for the reply.

• Administrators

For UEFI booting the solution is clover boot loader. but there should be an option in bios for legacy boot. and also one to choose the boot medium. i don't remember what button to press on hp to get the boot option list. maybe pressing esc key during bios post might show it. also you might have the option to boot from cd before booting from external or usb set in bios.