VoodooPstate on Lion

James Coleman

I've been trying to use the latest EDP 1.9 to install the relevant Kexts on my Dell D630 Intel without success, it KPs at boot and it's not obvious why. I have a working Lion install thanks to some great help from Simeonoff, Bronxteck and others, but I don't have any power management working. I've been trying to install VoodooPstate manually using Kext Wizard but this also causes a KP on boot, CoolBook I'm told doesn't work on Lion.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James

I'm considering going back to SL - I've got big issues with Lion too.

I get random lockups where the cursor will still move, the HD activity light continues suggesting it's still working, but nothing from the display and unable to do anything without a hard reset.

I'll go back to SL for now, and continue testing Lion on a second partition.

• Administrators

type -v at the chameleon prompt it should show you where it kp's at it's usually voodoohda witch on next boot will boot fine or appleACPIbattery.kext with i warned does not work in lion. if it is then boot from another partition and run edp from your lion /extra folder... build for your model and this time do not select appleacpibattery as a battery option.

• Administrators

I think those KP's that many is getting is "in OS" issues and not directly boot related.

One interesting test that could be done, was to use no voodooHDA kexts (sound) at all while testing..

My bet is that our problems is related to:

1. Sound

2. Battery kext

same issues with applebatt.kext, fixed with voodoobatt.kext. voodoohda.kext KP after hard reset, need few more restarts to boot smoothly. BUT there is that damned freeze with cursor move, music plays, hdd flashes but nothing works...

D630 C2D T8300 4Gram X3100

Actually.. i'm still on SL.. Lion have bugs.. bad bugs.. hence i stay with SL for the time being (offcourse, i have Lion in dualboot)

hey Leon with the release of edp 2.1 is it safe to use lion as your main OS, Just wondering if i would have good battery life with my 9 cell battery.

• Administrators

hey Leon with the release of edp 2.1 is it safe to use lion as your main OS, Just wondering if i would have good battery life with my 9 cell battery.

I think Mario (bronxteck) is using Lion as hes primary.. so ya.. it should be pretty safe :)