Need also help with M4300

chapolote

Hi,

After reading the article about Performance tuning with FakeSMC & SMBIOS, after reading this topic and after reading this topic (thanks a lot to the authors) i did the following with my Precision M4300 with T7500 using Maverick:

• I disabled IDA
  • I changed with Chameleon Wizard to MBP5.1
  • I updated FakeSMC kext to v5.1.59 using SMC-Version 1.33f8
  • I disabled NullCPUPowerManagement
  • I disabled SleepEnabler
  • I left Patch for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement disabled
  • I left Emulated SpeedSteps enabled
  • I checked in Chameleon Wizard Generate P-States, Generate C-States, Enable C2,C3,C4 State

I'm quiet happy, that the system boots without kernalpanic. With reference to to the articles mentioned above, speedstep should work now.

But HW-Monitor 2.3.7 shows me a CPU-Frequency of x15360.0 steadily, no matter what I do. I tried to stress my CPU by writing yes in a terminal window with the result, that cpu-usage got to 100%, but nothing changed in CPU-Frequency. The T7500 should make 2.2 GHz, but it seems to get stucked on something around 1.5GHz.

Do anyone know, what else i could try to get speedstep working? And how do I confidable check, if speedstep works or not?

Thanks for any advice,

chapolote

• Administrators

Read this. No emulated SpeedStep please, that's where your problems come from. You're using native SpeedStep now...

I assume that when you write:

• I disabled NullCPUPowerManagement
  • I disabled SleepEnabler
  • I left Patch for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement disabled

you mean you've removed them from /E/E before doing a myFix (quick), correct?

Read this. No emulated SpeedStep please, that's where your problems come from. You're using native SpeedStep now...

I guess, that means, I have to disable EmulatedSpeedstep as we'll? I will try...

you mean you've removed them from /E/E before doing a myFix (quick), correct?

Well, I did a new build with edp post-installation tool. Isn't this the same?

I'm still not very comfortable with MacOs X, still infected by handling my Os like a win-system. Therefore I'm still often confused how easy things work on MacOs X. What I wanna say: removing a kext from /E/E is 100% what it needs to disable it or moving it there is all it needs, to establish a kext? As win-user, I would ask: no registry-entries? Nothing else, somewhere else?

I will check and post the results here. What's about the patch for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement? Should I leave it disabled?

Thanks, chapolote

Nice, very, very nice!!! It works! Thanks a lot Hervé!!!

One of my basic faults was, that i didn't realize, that when I run EDP, always my modified FakeSMC.kext was replaced again and again withFakeSMC 4.x. provided by EDP. Like this nothing could work....

I'm happy, that I realized that, but....

As i don't wanne stay as stupid in handling hackintosh as I still feel, I would need some basic information, how this all works with /E/E, myhack, EDP and Chameleon. Do you have a tip for me, where to find a documentation about that (didn't really find something deep enough on osxlatitude or myhack- website so far), or would it be possible, to post some questions here to get help in this? I suppose it wouldn't take a lot of time to satisfy my hunger for comprehension :-)

Cheers an thanks so far,

chapolote

• Administrators

We need to document the EDP package much better, we're aware of that. But we need to find the time to do it properly, which is always difficult as this is a spare-time hobby...

If you want to retain your own kext everytime you do an EDP build, you should use the "include" subfolder where you can place kext and/or plist files you wish to retain. Files placed in this "include" folder take precedence over the database files held and used in EDP.

If you want to retain your own kext everytime you do an EDP builod, you should use the "include" subfolder where you can place kext and/or plist files you wish to retain. Files placed in this "include" folder take precedence over the database files held and used in EDP.

This is good to know :-)

One more question: wich kext is supposed to be the best for the touchpad in M4300? Standard selection in EDP (Alps touchpad driver ANV/Slice) doesn't work really well, the touchpad isn't smooth at all....

After several tries and errors i found out, that just the Alps touchpad driver ANV/Slice Alternate works fine in my case.

At least one last question (hopefully): my usb-installer for mavericks boots just, if I disable bluetoth in bios-settings. Otherwise it stucks searching a bluetooth-keyboard and won't continue booting. How can I leave bluetooth enabled in Bios and disable the search for bloototh-keyboards in my usb-install.stick?

Thanks and cheers,

chapolote