Black screen before Apple screen - Dell Latitude E5520 (HD Graphics 3000) - 10.9 Mavericks

JaneGoodall

...don't have any older fakesmc.kext or it's plugins in E/E or in S/L/E if you used a kext app...

I'm still using myHack, like I was on the first page.

Are you asking me to remove all the kexts from Extra/Extensions? How would any of the hardware work if I did that? Am I supposed to get other kexts for the new FakeSMC.kext somewhere? I'll try it with and without the kexts but I expect failure.

EDIT: I decided to first try using the new FakeSMC.kext with no other changes. I am having more success, but it could unrelated to the newer FakeSMC.kext. It still throws an ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForServices(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)) timed out error on normal boot just like before.

However, I tried typing -v -x PCIRootUID=0 during boot and it now finishes booting. I have to use an external keyboard, mouse, and HDMI, etc. I think I need to load a custom DSDT.

did you try the boot pack from here?

I just did and it throws the same error AppleIntelCPU... error when I try to boot post-install as all the other bootpacks:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6072-black-screen-before-apple-screen-dell-latitude-e5520-hd-graphics-3000-109-mavericks/?p=33473

try my boot pack from my signature below under E6220. Same config are your system.

The E6200 one doesn't work either. It crashes before I can even install:

post-51342-0-34321300-1390701140_thumb.jpg