Latitude E7240

DLinkOZ

Has anyone attempted to make a sort of "Hackbook Air" with one of these?  I got mine today, and would love to get Mavericks running on it.  I was considering trying my luck with the e6410 how-to (which I've used with great success on my e6410), but not sure it will be successful.  First off, all USB ports are 3.0 and I seem to recall that being a big issue.

• Moderators

Has anyone attempted to make a sort of "Hackbook Air" with one of these?  I got mine today, and would love to get Mavericks running on it.  I was considering trying my luck with the e6410 how-to (which I've used with great success on my e6410), but not sure it will be successful.  First off, all USB ports are 3.0 and I seem to recall that being a big issue.

I have an E7440 (WIP).

You could try my bootpack. It's really close to the E7240, but with bigger screen. Still trying to get audio to work, currently Mirone is helping me patch it. Full QE/CI is working and USB 3.0. No issue with usb 3.0 ports to do the build.

• Like 2

Great.  Whereas the Extras folder included in the e6410 how-to resulted in a quick reboot as soon as the apple logo appeared (could barely see that it flashed up then reboot), using your Extras folder instead of the one included resolved that problem.  So I'll see what I can do to meld the best (for me) of both solutions.  Again, I appreciate the download!

• Moderators

Great.  Whereas the Extras folder included in the e6410 how-to resulted in a quick reboot as soon as the apple logo appeared (could barely see that it flashed up then reboot), using your Extras folder instead of the one included resolved that problem.  So I'll see what I can do to meld the best (for me) of both solutions.  Again, I appreciate the download!

The reason is because you have an Haswell processor that requires a patched kernel which is included in my boot pack. The boot pack for the E6410 will not work on this model.

• Moderators

Up and running.  With sound.  Now I need to swap the wifi card (I had bought a broadcom-based card for my e6410, but it is not running OS X these days) and it seems that I'll be able to call this done.

Does your headphone work?

I'm getting hissing static noise on my headphones, but internal speaker works fine.