Latitude E7240

DLinkOZ

I get nothing at all when plugged into the port on the side.  It detects the change, and switches the output, but nada.  Also, though my mic worked before (I could see the level change when I made a noise), it doesn't seem to work now.  Neither of these are deal breakers, but disappointing that I have to keep another laptop running with Windows so I can do everything I need.

Jake: It makes me happy to see you're helping to figure out the e7240. You've done good work before (I used parts of your tutorials for my e6330).

DLinkOZ: I'll be taking a stab at getting the machine running tonight, could you post your DSDT.aml?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Jake: It makes me happy to see you're helping to figure out the e7240. You've done good work before (I used parts of your tutorials for my e6330).

DLinkOZ: I'll be taking a stab at getting the machine running tonight, could you post your DSDT.aml?

Thanks!

Did you try my bootpack above? I think that's what DLinkOZ is using.

Hello,

I too have this model.  Everything worked as you described above.  I will replace my wifi adapter with a Broadcom.  Only issue is the sound.

I found this link in another thread where is seems someone has the same audio on an ASUS.

Here is the link in the forum: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5974-mavericks-1091-hm87-iris-5100-asus-ux301la/

If I knew how to add the driver to the extras I would.  Any help that someone can provide is appreciated.

• Moderators

Hello,

I too have this model.  Everything worked as you described above.  I will replace my wifi adapter with a Broadcom.  Only issue is the sound.

I found this link in another thread where is seems someone has the same audio on an ASUS.

Here is the link in the forum: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5974-mavericks-1091-hm87-iris-5100-asus-ux301la/

If I knew how to add the driver to the extras I would.  Any help that someone can provide is appreciated.

That is for ALC282, this model has ALC292, so it's not going to work. This is the latest working version (Mavericks 10.9.2) from Mirone. The internal speaker and mic works, but not headphone ( white noise) or external mic (not detecting). Put the patched file in Extra/Extension overriding the old one. Run myHack->myfix (quick). Reboot. 

You'll loose audio after sleep which is a known issue with some ALC devices. Use EmLyDInEsH's EADPFix.kext to fix the problem. Search for it in the forum.

Hi Jake, I tried using your Extra folder from 7440 and I was able to install. However I noticed the cursor blinks very fast. Also I had to go to keyboard and slow down keystrokes otherwise by pressing the key M i would get mmmmmmm and so forth. Additionally I noticed the video cards is not being recognized.

Any ideas?

• Moderators

Hi Jake, I tried using your Extra folder from 7440 and I was able to install. However I noticed the cursor blinks very fast. Also I had to go to keyboard and slow down keystrokes otherwise by pressing the key M i would get mmmmmmm and so forth. Additionally I noticed the video cards is not being recognized.

Any ideas?

What's your system specs?

Are you installing 10.9.0 or 10.9.2?

If 10.9.2, try this Extra.

Tried that extra still the same issue. Also I noticed that when the screen goes black it doesn't come back up after pressing any key or moving the mouse...

Specs

CPU - i5 -4300u

Video Card - Intel HD 4400

It is picking up the cpu as an intel core 2 duo and graphic card unknown...