Latitude E7240

DLinkOZ

You just need to generate an SSDT for your i5-4310u. You can use the DSDT from my boot pack. Click on E7440 link on my signature below.

Thank you for the speedy reply!

I have generated an SSDT, placed it in the extra folder. Used your DSDT from that link, it now boots with just "-f" and no longer needs the "IntelAzul.."

What can I do to get it to boot fully? I'm using Chameleon Wizard, and am unsure revision and install method should I be using (I will be dual booting to separate SSD with Windows 7 on). Which boxes do I want ticked in org.chameleon.Boot?

Cheers

• Moderators

Run myHack/myfix(quick) to fix the caching issue and you can eliminate the -f flag.

With Chameleon Wizard, download the latest chameleon; Install Method, select Boot0md. In o.c.b.p, change to Instant Menu so you can pick which OS to boot from. In SmBios tab, generate a new serial so it'll be unique if you're using my boot pack.

Have fun.

Run myHack/myfix(quick) to fix the caching issue and you can eliminate the -f flag.

With Chameleon Wizard, download the latest chameleon; Install Method, select Boot0md. In o.c.b.p, change to Instant Menu so you can pick which OS to boot from. In SmBios tab, generate a new serial so it'll be unique if you're using my boot pack.

Have fun.

Hi Jake,

I started fresh again as I was getting a few problems and have followed all the instructions through. I generated my SSDT. It doesn't boot without any boot commands now, but it does boot with -f, even though I have run myfix a couple of times.

It still says "invalid partition table" on startup. Despite installing Chameleon.

When selecting Boot0md, do I want to install it to disk0: Recovery, OS or disk1: Mavericks?

I have also run into the same kernel panic as before. Last time it all went wrong when I plugged in my windows ssd and it refused to boot into OSX, I tried to use terminal on the USB and fdisk and mount the OSX partition but would get the kernal panick mentioned before.

I would really appreciate any advice, I'm  a bit stuck for ideas? Anything I can do with my unmounted EFI partition that could help perhaps?

Cheers

• Moderators

Looks like you have Mavericks on disk 1 and Windows on disk 0. What you can do is reverse the drive so that OS X is on disk 0. Install Chameleon to disk 0  where OS X resides to rid of the "invalid partition table." I don't remember you mentioning a kernel panic though, but post your result after this switch.

If installing Chameleon from my hack does not resolve the "invalid partition table" error, then download chameleon v2395 pkg and install it to drive 0.

Update:

So managed to install Mac OS, but got tired of the whole RAID vs AHCI drive setup, so I went ahead and formatted my drive (Samsung 256 SSD) and set up the BIOS to run in AHCI.

Ran a combination of -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No PCIRootUID=0/1

With one of these combos I was able to get Mac OS to boot before, but most of the time I would get a Kernel Panic of CPU 0, 1, 2 or 3 errors.

This is probably due to the processor, but for the life of me I can't figure out what exactly.

It is a i7 4600

I ran through the setup that Jake Lo had using myHack and the updated Extras and SSDT but still nothing.

Tried also with just AHCI, Secure Boot off and Legacy. Same error.

Tried turning off VT-D, other virtualizations, hyperthreading, setting the processor numbers from auto to 2 and 1, same errors.

At this point, I'm stumped.  I know when I got it to load before it was trying to read the keyboard as a Bluetooth device, wouldn't connect but keyboard still worked (no big deal) and WiFi didn't work (OEM card, no big deal as Ethernet still worked)

Did I miss a step somewhere or am I missing something? I re-ran myHack for the Extras, manually dragged and dropped the updated files that Jake Lo provided. Should I have used myHack to 'move' those in? Should I have ran some myHack check/fix tool?

Mac installer image is 10.9.5 if that makes a difference

Looks like you have Mavericks on disk 1 and Windows on disk 0. What you can do is reverse the drive so that OS X is on disk 0. Install Chameleon to disk 0 where OS X resides to rid of the "invalid partition table." I don't remember you mentioning a kernel panic though, but post your result after this switch.

If installing Chameleon from my hack does not resolve the "invalid partition table" error, then download chameleon v2395 pkg and install it to drive 0.

Right, so before I go and change things can I confirm some things with you please as I don't want to corrupt my windows drive?

My laptop has 2 mSata ports. A sata III and a sata II. I would like windows (already on an ssd, I don't really want to format it) in the sata III port. And mac osx on a 128gb ssd in the sata II port.

What do you mean by reverse the drive? If you mean switch them I'd rather not as that would mean windows would be on SATA II.

Is there any way I can get the system the way I want? Can one install chameleon to a boot partition on the windows drive maybe?

Or would clover on the osx disk 1 efi partition work? Or any way to make chameleon work on disk 1?

Cheers

• Moderators

If you want to keep it the way it is now, I think the only way to boot to OS X is to select F12 during boot and select Disk 1. Windows should be the default and won't see the OS X partition. Install Chameleon to Disk 1 to rid of the 'Invalid partition table' error. 

If you want to keep it the way it is now, I think the only way to boot to OS X is to select F12 during boot and select Disk 1. Windows should be the default and won't see the OS X partition. Install Chameleon to Disk 1 to rid of the 'Invalid partition table' error. 

I think I'm going to give up with my plan and try what you said before, and just have SATA II windows and SATA III OS X. So going back to your comment before, reversing the drives. I have put switched the harddrives and booted yet it still has OS X as disk1 and Windows as disk0 (checked using diskutil list). How can I change this? I have it booting to internal HDD which is the OS X one first.

Cheers

Edit: Interestingly, on Windows (on what should be disk1 installed in the WWAN msata port) according to Paragon partition manager OS X is on disk0 and Windows is on disk1. However when booting I sitll get invalid partition table and when booting into Mavericks it still says OS X on disk1 and windows on disk0