Latitude 13 Mountain Lion / Mavericks?

surfnode

• Administrators

It depends also on the on-board graphics card/chip. It's not just a CPU matter... Graphics chips such Intel GMA950/X3100 or ATI X1600 were dropped with ML due to Apple adopting newer/advanced OpenGL/OpenCL versions to handle graphics. Others like GMA 4500MHD may be supported on a case by case basis (we can help you here). Some other chips are totally unsupported.

Post us your hardware specs.

Here's the specs:

• Mobile Intel®
  • GS45 Express Chipset ICH9M-Enhanced
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD
  • 13.3-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD (1366 x 768) Anti-glare
  • Optional External 8X DVD+/-RW or Blu-ray Discâ„¢
  • Optional Dell 5540 HSPA (requires mobile network operator service)
  • Optional Dell 5620 HSPA Mobile Broadband Module (requires mobile network operator service)
  • Up to 802.11n wireless module
  • Bluetoothâ„¢ 2.1
  • Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 NIC)
  • Speaker
  • Stereo headphone jack
  • Microphone jack and integrated microphone array
  • Integrated 1.3 Mega pixel webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
  • USB 2.0 (1)
  • USB 2.0/eSATA combo (1)
  • Headphone/speaker out
  • 5-in-1 card reader
  • 34 mm ExpressCard

• Administrators

Ok, we'll need more info on that exact GMA 4500MHD chip, but you could probably run ML, possibly Mavericks though I'm not sure. Try and start an ML installation with myHack's Generic boot pack, then we'll get more details about your hardware (the above is too high level at the moment).

You need to identify your exact model of wireless card as well because Intel models are not supported at all and have to be replaced.

• Administrators

It's not a matter of OS X versions, it's a matter of hardware. Apple do not use Intel wireless cards so there are no drivers. Supported brands include Broadcom, Atheros, Realtek or Ralink. Have a look in R&D->Hardware->Wifi section for a non-exhaustive list of supported devices.

OK, 
As per the compatibility page I am try to install 10.7 Lion. I have used MyHack and the Extra pack downloaded from this site, however once at the installer, the internal hard drive is not found. I have tried in both SATA and AHCI mode's also with GUID and also MBR on the MyHack installer.

Any ideas?

I used the 'Create OS X Installer' option but at the end of this unlike on the tutorials, it does not give me option to add extras from another source.

The only option there is in regards to extras is 'Install Extra' but am concerned this will install kexts to my mac.

I tried manually copying the kexts into the extras folder but that made no difference.