optiplex 755 won't power down. No graphic choices?.

Wayne

• Administrators

Download DSDTEditor from Olarila.com. The app comes with a set of patches, one of them being the Gigabyte Shutdown. Try it, I used it on my Vostro200 (a close cousin of the Optiplex 755) and it sorted out the shutdown issue.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a pic of what's on my screen

48D7610C-7E76-46A5-8FBD-79296CB887CD_zps

The 755 won't fire up at all now, all I installed was the gigabyte shutdown patch via the DSDT program as mentioned . How can I boot up the computer ,,didn't expect this to happen to be honest as I thought the patch was for shut down and nothing else.

I managed to get the computer back to how it was before by removing the hard disk , placing it in my mac pro and downloading the dsdt again out of the boot pack and replacing the dsdt which had been altered to included the gigabyte shut down boy that was a close one, still won't power off though

• Administrators

Oh wow, I thought it'd been mentioned enough times on the forum before... When you play with DSDT editing, you NEVER totally replace the current DSDT file until you're happy with the edited table! What you do is save the new file under a specific name and you manually call on that new DSDT through Chameleon option: DSDT=/. This allows you to reboot with your existing working table in case there is a problem with the new one!

Oh wow, I thought it'd been mentioned enough times on the forum before... When you play with DSDT editing, you NEVER totally replace the current DSDT file until you're happy with the edited table! What you do is save the new file under a specific name and you manually call on that new DSDT through Chameleon option: DSDT=<path>/<filename>. This allows you to reboot with your existing working table in case there is a problem with the new one!

Apologies , how do you manually call on the new file through Chameleon please, how do I access Chameleon?,

will it reboot the system to see of the new file works or something else, as I say I'm not that spruced up on these things. And can you name this new dSDT anything you like?. Do you need to use the <> when typing in the name

I'm new to this and don't know how to access the Chameleon settings and options, thanks for any help I'm taking this slowly as I'm a newbie.

have read that the motherboard is model HX555 online don't know who manufactured it though?, how do you check which motherboard you have have loomed in Bios and it doesn't say?, my computer are the Ultra Small Form Factor ones?, Dell made three sizes of these machines , large , small form factor and , ultra small. Perhaps that's why the gigabyte shutdown didn't work?. How do you find out what MB is in the machine .

Apologies for not being that good on this but we all have to start somewhere.