Latitude E7440

lollyman

Hi, I have a E7440 and was trying to install Mavericks using your bootpack. I get as far as the log viewer in the installer. Tried every boot option but hangs at the same place.

Don't know if its something im doing wrong, but a strange thing is that I don't get the "Extra package" questing in myHack when creating my usb stick.

Any tips to how I could succed?

• Moderators

Hi, I have a E7440 and was trying to install Mavericks using your bootpack. I get as far as the log viewer in the installer. Tried every boot option but hangs at the same place.

Don't know if its something im doing wrong, but a strange thing is that I don't get the "Extra package" questing in myHack when creating my usb stick.

Any tips to how I could succed?

Run my hack again, select install Extra. Select your usb stick as the destination and point it to my boot pack.

hi...I have an E7440 (i7-4600u/ msata 256g)

I try to install 10.9. but i have a problem

1) original unifail install usb is not working(reboot loop),but I solve a problem using patching mach kernel as mentioned rehabman's method

2) So I could go to next step, but "still waiting for root device" wait for me :(

I want to know ur bios setting and boot flag and anything else...

• Moderators

hi...I have an E7440 (i7-4600u/ msata 256g)

I try to install 10.9. but i have a problem

1) original unifail install usb is not working(reboot loop),but I solve a problem using patching mach kernel as mentioned rehabman's method

2) So I could go to next step, but "still waiting for root device" wait for me :(

I want to know ur bios setting and boot flag and anything else...

Reset BIOS to the default, Apply, and then go back and set SATA Operations to AHCI. Never failed.

But since you're here, why not use the myHack method and my boot pack?

First, I use my hack method but it is not bootable. so i use unifail.

in my hack progress, i don't know this point.

"Extract myHack from the downloaded package and run it. Do not just run it from the DMG package" -> how could i do to extract and what's meaning?

there is no step "Use my own" folder!!

And, I would use dual boot with win7(it is installed as RAID 0 from dell, but it is bootable when i change AHCI). would i choose MBR or GUID?

thanks

• Moderators

First, I use my hack method but it is not bootable. so i use unifail.

in my hack progress, i don't know this point.

"Extract myHack from the downloaded package and run it. Do not just run it from the DMG package" -> how could i do to extract and what's meaning?

there is no step "Use my own" folder!! 

And, I would use dual boot with win7(it is installed as RAID 0 from dell, but it is bootable when i change AHCI). would i choose MBR or GUID?

thanks

After you download myHack.dmg, double-clicking on it will put it on the Desktop. Don't run from there, drag it into application relaunch myHack from Applications folder.

Relaunch myHack.app again after you created the USB Installer. Select 'Install Extra', when prompt, select "Use my Own". Point to the boot pack I have linked above.

Since you already have Windows running, you'll need to patch it with MBR, but don't use patch from myHack, it'll fail without the right dependency.

Get the patch from this guide.