ASUS X44H Crash after EDP5

jjasniew

I've got ML installed in the usual way and it's running and I can connect to the internet via RJ45.  Would like to enable the rest of the features, so I downloaded and installed EDP5, ran it.  Afterward, no go - just crashes immediately, before setting the OS X version - "OS version not set".  A couple of questions;

How can you tell when EDP is finished?  The EDP screen seemed to "flick" every few seconds.  I looked on the EDP page and the last thing shows was step 6 completed (with the donation request) which is what I was showing, so I figured it was done.  It may not have actually finished when I rebooted the machine.

After going through the install, all the setup and download, I'm afraid to run EDP again, only to end up with a broken machine again.  Is there any procedure someone can recommend, maybe installing one thing at a time versus the whole shebang?  I have an Apricorn USB to SATA, should I do a backup to a spare HDD before applying the next step?  That way if it dies, I dont have to go all the way back to the beginning.

I bought the system and fought hard on ebay for it, based on the breadth of functionality shown in the bootpack compatability listings here.  I was sure hoping it would work.  Sorry for the "placeholder" entry, It was 1:30 am as I was reinstalling ML; I couldnt remember even these details at the time.  I know someone will ask for the screenshot, which I dont have. Something about ACPI.  I figure if I do a step by step driver install, I can capture it then.  I'm thinking backup, install one category, on success backup, install another category, on success backup, until I hit the one my hardware isnt liking for some reason.

What do you think?  Is there a better way to finish my X44H hackintosh project?  Thanks!

Hey, thanks!  From the sticker on the bottom;  X44H-BBR7,  MB ver K84L,  ID 7K.

Looking at BIOS, version is 2.01.1204.  I still have the Windoze disk, so a BIOS update is possible.  If there's a specific version necessary, please let me know.  Appreciate it!

Using SuperDuper, I made a couple of disk images of my ML SSD, used MyHack to put Cameleon on them so they boot.  I tried EDP again, with all the switches on - same as last time.  After the build, logging out and back in, I was able to get WiFi up and connected!  (No audio device found however)  Upon shutdown / reboot I get the same crash as before; this time I took a picture.  I see you have to host it on line to post; havent done that since ebay made it easy...

I believe the relevant information is that there's a kernal panic on CPU0, Kernal trap, Type 13 General Protection;  Kernal Extensions in backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(1111.0) ...

I'm pretty sure I wont be able to translate this into a particular switch on/off selection in EDP by myself.  If anyone can recognize this error and help me with a line to remove / edit from a plist file, or a switch to turn off when doing an EDP build, that'd be much appreciated!  Thanks for your time.

Ok, reading around the web led me to something called  Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8 over at iFail. I downloaded it, copied over the existing AppleIntel...kext, ran MyFix from MyHack and here I am, replying to this topic using my Asus Hackintosh system, via wireless!

I noticed that MyHack has an option to patch this file; thought it couldnt have been right under my nose all this time!  I tried that first and no-go.  So I could only do this with a second Hackintosh system to run MyHack on the Asus SSD.

From reading, I understand that if Apple does an update to this system,  I'll have to repeat overwriting the AppleIntel...kext with the patched version.  I also understand that it's possible to capture, edit and reflash the Asus BIOS so it will work without need the patched power management kext.

Has anyone ever reflashed a patched BIOS on their Asus X44H K84L laptop?