No Lion's Installer Disk

jasontan

Hi. I have inherited an iMac with Lion 10.7.5 installed. I plan to install the OSX onto my Dell Latitude E5520.

I want to create the USB installer with MyHack but it needs the Lion.app or InstallESD.dmg. I do not have both as the Mac came pre-installed.

I have downloaded Maverick but have yet to upgrade the Mac to this.

Where can I download the installer for Lion? Or should I upgrade to Maverick and then try to install on my Dell using Maverick?

I am a complete newbie to Hackintosh, so all advice are appreciated.

• Administrators

you can go either way depending on the model.  if you want to use lion, clone your iMac to a disk. install my hack utility to it. use my hack to install your extra folder too it. install chameleon and you should be set. for mavericks you can point my hack to the installer app which should be in the applications folder and make your boot usb following the instructions.

you can go either way depending on the model.  if you want to use lion, clone your iMac to a disk. install my hack utility to it. use my hack to install your extra folder too it. install chameleon and you should be set. for mavericks you can point my hack to the installer app which should be in the applications folder and make your boot usb following the instructions.

What do you mean by clone iMac to a disk? Do you mean an external HDD?

Which is more stable/reliable to create a hackintosh on the Dell Latitude E5520? Lion or Mavericks?