D630 Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG

kevin8

Hi OSXLatitude

I am running D630 with Intel Crestline Graphics, Intel wireless, Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r1083 and OSX 11A511. All working except for wireless. Has anyone got Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG working?

Methods attempted but still unable to get wireless to work:

- Installed EDP 1.9 and 1.8 (options 1 then 6; options 1 then 7)

- iwifi

Thanks!

AFAIK OS X does not support Intel WiFi. Hence, there is no Intel WiFi driver (kext) we could use or patch for your WiFi. To get your WiFi working, you will need to replace your WiFi card with one from Apple or BroadCom.

Many here were forced to do so, unfortunately, And there is nothing we can do about. But, the good thing is, a new WiFi card is a $5-$10 item easily found on eBay. And you have a chance to integrate one with full OS X support and all available broadcasting standards. Use search and you will find several threads discussing this issue and suggesting alternatives.

I was able to get it to show me Wi-Fi networks but I didn't try to connect to any. I used (http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/downloads/) Hopefully this works. Just use kext helper and install it. After you do that immediately open up network settings and it should appear (10.6.3 I believe) I don't know if it will update to 10.6.8 I don't think this is worth it either as only unsecured networks work (b+g).