E6530 Kernel Panic only when using cached Kexts ! - Please Help

Analyzer

Hi,

I managed to install 10.9.1 successfully on the E6530 NVS 5200. I am using Chameleon as my bootloader on MBR partition.

I don't have a problem when I use -v -f as my kernel flags during the boot process but if I build my cache using Kext Utility or Kext Wizard.

If I don't use -f I get a kernal panic complaining about  AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

I have been using the Extra extension from this link https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=3267

I really would like to boot without -f and use the kext cache as it would speed up the boot process. I have another important problem I can't change the screen brightness.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Fn+Pause(Insert) and Fn+scrollock(F3)? not working, I tried many key combinations, from the kext link I posted which kext is responsible for the display screen?

Also the slider itself is not the the preferences---> Display

More importantly anyway is loading with the cached kext.

• Moderators

Fn+Pause(Insert) and Fn+scrollock(F3)? not working, I tried many key combinations, from the kext link I posted which kext is responsible for the display screen?

Also the slider itself is not the the preferences---> Display

More importantly anyway is loading with the cached kext.

Can you put the link of where you got the bootpack?

It looks like a bootpack for an E6430 without nvs5200.

Have you look at my signature file link for E6530 with nvs5200m?

I used latest myHack to prepare the installation and Extra folder from the link I posted even with the dsdt.aml file included and its seemed to be ok. Do I need to generate my own?

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=3267

I had already tried your link but I will give it a second go now but there was not much difference between Extra_Mav.zip, I will try it anyway.

• Moderators

good question, I was just about to post that, its always 216 even when I just changed to an older version 196, it keeps showing KP with 216.

Thank you for responding.

Did you replace the file in EE or SLE?

If you use myHack method, you should place it in EE, run myHack/myfix (quick) to regenerate cache. Don't use kextwizard or the like if you're using myHack method.

All kext in EE should be bumped to 1111 when using myHack and not displaying the actual version as you listed above.

Jake, ok I have tried Extra_Mav.zip works exactly the same as the other extra both detect NVS 5200 correctly, and I still have the same issues, if I boot without -f I get the same kernel panic

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(216.0)[A......

Also brightness is not working, it should be FN + up arrow / down arrow, I tried other keys no luck.

I am not sure what Bootpacks you are referring to?  you mean the Extra folder? otherwise I didn't use anything else.

I don't know what it is, its driving me crazy.

Thanks.

Did you replace the file in EE or SLE?

If you use myHack method, you should place it in EE, run myHack/myfix (quick) to regenerate cache. Don't use kextwizard or the like if you're using myHack method.

All kext in EE should be bumped to 1111 when using myHack and not displaying the actual version as you listed above.

I just read this msg, ok thanks I will follow these instructions and report back.  I did place them in EE not SLE, I will run myHack/myfix to regenrate Kext !