AHCI enabled in BIOS but HDD partitions not showing in MyHack

jasontan

I am trying to install Mavericks 10.9.0 onto my Dell Latitiude 5520 using myHack.

I got to the point of the installer where it is asking me which partition to install to. I can only see the USB drive. I read somewhere that this is likely the AHCI not being turned on, but I went through by BIOS twice and am sure it has AHCI enabled.

What can I do?

I failed to mentioned that my laptop already had Windows 7 and Debian Linux installed.

Could the lack of partition to choose is due to no HFS+ partition available? Can I just launch disk utility and create a new partition from my spare space?

• Administrators

You will need to have available disk space for that and also to use an MBR patch (not the MBR patch from myHack). Ideally, the target partition should be created in Windows and formatted FAT so that you just have to reformat it Mac OS X Extended (journaled) from Disk Utility once you've booted your installer.

You will need to have available disk space for that and also to use an MBR patch (not the MBR patch from myHack). Ideally, the target partition should be created in Windows and formatted FAT so that you just have to reformat it Mac OS X Extended (journaled) from Disk Utility once you've booted your installer.

You mentioned MBR patch (not the MBR patch from myHack). Is this applicable on if I aim to do something complex. Can I use everything from myHack if i attempt to do what I lay out below?

you might need an older ioatafamily kext. in terminal 

Since I am a total newbie to hackintosh, I guess I must not be too ambitious. I will have to sacrifice my existing setup and apps. I will try to install Mavericks 9.0 on partition 1, Windows 7 on partition 2, Debian Linux on partition 3 and an NTFS partition for data.

I will install the OSes in the following order - OSX, Win7 and Linux.

I noticed that when I made the USB installer, I was not asked to add any Extras. I want to add the EDP for Latitude E5520 but so far I can't do.

Am I on track? Can I wipe out my existing HDD now?