Need help for getting DSDT on Dell Precision t3400

Praveen22856

Hello

I have a Dell Precision t3400 with Mavericks and Mountain Lion working. But I don't get qe/ci on my quadro 3700. This is with mavericks. I have full qe/ci and OpenGL on the video card in mountain lion. I want to get the card fully working and I heard that DSDTs are the best way. I would like to know how to make my own DSDT that works.

Dell Percision t3400

Intel core extreme 3.00GHZ

Nvidia Quadro 3700

Audio is integrated and I think is IDT, works with VooDooHDA 2.7.3

Ethernet is Broadcom extreme and works with B5755.kext

Thanks in advance

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Hello

I have a Dell Precision t3400 with Mavericks and Mountain Lion working. But I don't get qe/ci on my quadro 3700. This is with mavericks. I have full qe/ci and OpenGL on the video card in mountain lion. I want to get the card fully working and I heard that DSDTs are the best way. I would like to know how to make my own DSDT that works.

Dell Percision t3400

Intel core extreme 3.00GHZ

Nvidia Quadro 3700

Audio is integrated and I think is IDT, works with VooDooHDA 2.7.3

Ethernet is Broadcom extreme and works with B5755.kext

Thanks in advance

Go here to request DSDT patching.

On your ML install, do you have a working DSDT to get full graphics? 

• Administrators

Post us your extracted DSDT (using DSDTEditor or Chameleon Wizard) + IOReg saved output (using IORegistryExplorer), both from a system booted without any specific DSDT file. You can also add the output of the Terminal command lspci -nn.

I understand the Quadro FX 3700 is G92-based, i.e. same as GeForce 8800GT/9800GT, so you could indeed expect a DSDT patch to natively enable full QE/CI. It's always better than using an enabler kext.

• Administrators

Undo those changes, i.e. get rid of the enabler and only use the Vanilla kexts.

Here's your patched and cleaned-up table Deepak:

Patched_DSDT_T3400.zip

Please note that default PCI root was set to 4 in your extracted DSDT, so you probably would have never obtained full QE/CI unless you booted with option PciRoot=4. This is now changed to default value 0 in the patched DSDT.

• Administrators

.dsl file is source code. the .aml file is the compiled version you use. You don't have to reinstall Mavericks, no, well unless you used some form of distros, something we always discourage to use. We advocate full Vanilla installations and that's all we can support here.

"Vanilla" is the term used to designate standard unmodified OS X kexts/kernels/installations. To that, you can oppose patched kexts, patched kernels or distros.