Need help for getting DSDT on Dell Precision t3400

Praveen22856

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Yes, it is, unless you started to modify things like kexts in /S/L/E or other things like that.

Copy the patched DSDT to /Extra, then boot using option DSDT=/Extra/ to make sure you load it + GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Hello Herve. I have installed the DSDT and it boots up. but the DSDT did 1 change on mavericks that I notice. I have no audio, no graphics qe/ci or acceleration and no internet (Ethernet) . Sleep, shut down and restart all works. Before the DSDT I couldn't sleep so it did something to the computer. Please help with audio, Ethernet and graphics.

DELL PRECISION T3400

CPU : Intel Core Extreme 3.00GHZ

Chipset : Intel X38 Express chipset w/ICH9

Graphics Card: Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 (G92)

Ethernet : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx

Audio : CMI8738 

Ram : 8 Gb DDR2

• Administrators

If you've deleted the nVidia kexts, you no longer have a Vanilla installation and I can't really help you. You should reinstate them, there is simply no way you can get graphics acceleration without nVidia kexts!

There's no real improvement to gain in patching the DSDT other than cosmetic information regarding other hardware such as Ethernet, audio or any other hardware that may not be listed.

On top of patching for your FX3700, I've also changed PCI root UID to 0 (from 4) so that you don't have to add Chameleon boot option PciRoot=4 at boot time. Try and boot with -f   UseKernelCache=No, then re-run myFix (quick) to rebuild permissions & cache. Then reboot.

If this is still not giving you LAN & Audio, then change back the .dsl source file: look for Device (PCI0) and change back _UID from 0 to 4.

Hello . I had to take nvidia kexts out of the installer only. Just to boot the installer. The installer installs all the nvidia kexts. I just removed them after cause I thought you have to remove them to let the dsdt work. When I get home I'll reinstall mavericks and install the dsdt and keep you updated

• Administrators

No! Don't use any "" characters! These are just a convention to refer to computing terms such as file names! If your DSDT file name is "DSDT.aml" and is placed in folder /Extra, boot using option DSDT=/Extra/DSDT.aml.