Mavericks Installation of E5420 Issues

jparnell8839

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, weird… I reinstalled the Installer on my drive, used the OLD (original) /Extra folder (downloaded from link in OP, that has DualLink enabled). This time, I booted with flags -x -v dart=0 and disabled VMM in BIOS. I also disabled BlueTooth in BIOS and switch the Wifi switch to Off (I remember Intel wifi adapter isn't supported). It is installing right now as we speak on Lat-E5420. Let's see what happens.

It installed just fine. Problem: It didn't have the MBR, so BIOS booting wasn't possible. UEFI booting didn't seem to work either, though I'll be honest, I'm not entirely too sure how that's done. For the time being, I can boot with my installation stick, though I still have to use the -v -x flags (maybe one or the other, probably just -x) otherwise I KP. Doing post installation now.

---EDIT---

Or rather, I would if I could find the Broadcom kext :/ I have no ethernet access.

in bios you would have to set it to legacy instead of uefi for chameleon to boot. you also would have to install chameleon to the hard drive.

i think jake already posted a solution for you here https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5804-help-with-dell-e5420-installation/?p=34037

Actually, I figured that part out myself :P I was so proud :D

Unfortunately, 2 things wrong preventing me from achieving the Post Install with EDP. I have to Safeboot (-x flag) which prevents me from running MyHack app. Not safebooting results in a KP. I was able to boot the installation USB without Safeboot and ran MyFix and re-installed the /Extra folder to my hard drive, but that didn't help anything. Additionally, I installed the other Wifi NIC and the Broadcom kext, but my ethernet is bonkers and the wifi isn't even seen. Ethernet will not connect on DHCP and if I manually set it, it connects to the router, but drops 66% of the packets when I perform a ping to the gateway (my router). I can navigate to my gateway's IP in Safari and it actually prompts for credentials, but upon entering them it just sits and does nothing.

Once again, any help is appreciated. I can troubleshoot Windows backwards and forwards, but on OS X I'm lost, and on unsupported hardware, I can get almost nowhere except on this site.

Ok, now when booting from the HDD without any boot flags, it acts like it wants to boot, I get the white screen with black apple and the spinning logo, then the screen simply goes black and after a moment it goes to sleep. Press power to wake it up and it acts like it's trying to wake up for about 30 seconds, then back to sleep. Is there a way to disable sleep?

• Moderators

Ok, now when booting from the HDD without any boot flags, it acts like it wants to boot, I get the white screen with black apple and the spinning logo, then the screen simply goes black and after a moment it goes to sleep. Press power to wake it up and it acts like it's trying to wake up for about 30 seconds, then back to sleep. Is there a way to disable sleep?

try booting with -f, see if that fixes your instance sleep during boot

replace AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with NullCPUPowerManagement if you don't want sleep