How to install Lion on SL 10.6.8 (D430)

Shiki

Hi All rolleyes.gif,

I had finally upgraded my D430 to SL 10.6.8, working fine with sleep, with the use of EDP1.9 and chameleon RC5 1213.

Now i am try to install Lion, but cant with the error message " This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer"

Please advise if anything else i missed before i can install Lion.huh.gif

Yup, 2GB is minimum. Also, check your had drive.

Lion likes the whole HD and not only one partition of it.

Also, if HD is formated with MBR option instead of GUID option, you might see this error.

Look in this thread at InsanelyMac forum. There is this file OSInstall.zip, which is a replacement for original one in Lion installation. It should solve this error message. Haven't tried myself though.

Yup, 2GB is minimum. Also, check your had drive.

Lion likes the whole HD and not only one partition of it.

Also, if HD is formated with MBR option instead of GUID option, you might see this error.

Look in this thread at InsanelyMac forum. There is this file OSInstall.zip, which is a replacement for original one in Lion installation. It should solve this error message. Haven't tried myself though.

Ok.. mine D430 is currently running on 2GB ram, and SL is running on single GUID partition too. :mellow:

Then.....i think i need to try your given threads to see if it works... ;)

Here one possible solution for This disk cannot be used to start up your computer Apple offers no explanation as to why the installation may balk here, other than to say it can happen in “some situations.” However, Apple does provide a solution: Restart your Mac, launch Disk Utility and, from the Partition tab, slightly reduce the size of your startup partition (by as little as 128MB). You should now be able to install Lion. When done, you can restore the partition to its previous size. If this resizing trick fails, you will likely need to reformat the drive.