Does your express slot to work?

Hutzpah

That's odd... I just plugged a Marvel based LAN Express card into my m4400 (running Maverics) and it is seen. Same with my m6300 running 10.6.8 after I loaded the drivers.

I'd kind of think that Express cards would have to be supported as they were a feature of pre-unibody MBPs.

I may have spoken slightly too soon.

As I said, I can see an ExpressCard on both my M4400 and my M6300. This is under SL, ML and Mavericks, so the support is definately there. Oddly, it doesn't work on my D820, absolutely no indication that the card is seen.

All I can say is YMMV.

• Administrators

Seeing the hardware is one thing... having it fully working can be quite another... Seeing hardware does not equate to support, absolutely not; take the example of the SD card reader on the D4x0: we all see the card reader in all versions of OS X, yet it's not supported.

Well, in the case of my Marvell Ethernet adapter, on both the M4400 and M6400, the Ethernet port shows up as an interface (en2) with correct MAC Id, etc. I'd consider that as "working".

On the D820, the adapter never shows up in the list of interfaces. Similarly, there is no dmesg output when a card is inserted. That I'd consider to be "not working".

Now, the big question... what is going on with the D820?