Unable tp purchase Lion

madmax

Hello there.

I came over from insanely Mac, where I got MAC OS 10.6.7. ionstalled on my D620 nv, thanks to leppy700m.

I tried to purchase Lion from the Appstore.

I receive the message, that Lion can not be installed on my system. in German:

"Diese Version von Mac OS X 10.7 kann auf diesem Computer nicht installiert werden."

I currently running 10.6.7. (having wifi trouble with 10.6.8.)

Any suggestions?

• Administrators

you probably need a better smbios file to allow purchase, try the one for your model in edp1.9. as for networking, use the kexts that worked for you previously 1n 10.6.7 - 10.6.0. usually its io80xx something family kext, ionetworkingfamily kext and iopcifamily kext all or some. depends

you probably need a better smbios file to allow purchase, try the one for your model in edp1.9. as for networking, use the kexts that worked for you previously 1n 10.6.7 - 10.6.0. usually its io80xx something family kext, ionetworkingfamily kext and iopcifamily kext all or some. depends

Thanks Bronxteck,

I have chosen the right model (5) in the EDP 1.9. but it still doesn't work.

How do I modefy the smbios file to match the exact model?

Please advise.

Madmax

wait are you trying to upgrade it directly without modifying the lion.app? i don't think you can.

Hi,

i thought i can first download it.

right now I can not even get it from the app store.

Thats the first step.

Madmax

Hi There,

I have used edp 191 but it still does not allow me to download Lion from the appstore.

I have purchased Lion on the USB Stick and tried that as well, but I receive a message that Lion can not be installed on my D620 nv.

Would it be helpful when I would install the custom BIOS from OSXL here?

Also I seem to have a rare modell of the D620 NV with the T7200 2.0 GHz Prosessor. Can that be the reason?

Dell D620

CPU: T7200, 2.0 GHz

4 GB RAM

Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module

Dell True Mobile 1395 WLAN Mini card

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit controller

NVidia Quadro NVS 110M

Please help.

Madmax

Hi,

i thought i can first download it.

right now I can not even get it from the app store.

Thats the first step.

Madmax

Hi,

I have changes the smbios a few times. Even with I use the config for Mac Book Pro 8.3 (pre config), it does not work.

What do I need to change it to get Lion intslled?

Please help.

regards,

Madmax

• Administrators

Hi,

I'v heard several problems regarding getting lion via the appstore on a hackingtosh - my advice, buy it on a real mac, and then copy the install file to your D620 so you can make your pen :)

Hi,

Thanks Leon.

That would be an option.

Fortunately I have managed to change the SM bios. Now I purchased Lion.

I finally updated SL to 10.6.8. Which works now as well. The custom BIOS from this page worked very well. Thanks to the guys that did all the work for that as well as the EDP which makes things so much easier, especially for a guy like me who doen not really know what I am doing.

:-)

Madmax