BCM4312 and Mavericks

Joel69

• Moderators

Is there any update for "Dell DW1397 Half Mini PCIe BCM4312" for Mavericks with encrypted networks such as WPA2, etc?

In case that it doesn't work yet, Which card fully supported in Mavericks would you recommend?

I have DW1510, and it works OTB. There are others (Atheros) in the compatibility list that has BT as well.

I have DW1510, and it works OTB. There are others (Atheros) in the compatibility list that has BT as well.

Works fine in Mavericks 10.9? Could you give me the links to download the proper kexts and everything I need? Probably I will order one by eBay.

(And if it's possible tell me where you got the card or pass me the link in a PM if it's legal).

Thanks a lot in advance ;)

• Moderators

Works fine in Mavericks 10.9? Could you give me the links to download the proper kexts and everything I need? Probably I will order one by eBay.

(And if it's possible tell me where you got the card or pass me the link in a PM if it's legal).

Thanks a lot in advance ;)

No kext require, OSX picks it right up.

Just do a search for pw934 or DW1510

No kext require, OSX picks it right up.

Just do a search for pw934 or DW1510

And this WiFi card works like a charm?, I mean you can pick-up the WiFi network from the icon y the above bar, and connect to WPA/WPA2, and so on...

Because with DW1397, If I want to connect to this kind of networks, I have to do it from System Preferences, use the Assitant, etc.

Moreover I guess this WiFi card will work in any PC, isn't it? For example, an ASUS K55VM (thought in the specs always describe the card for Dell devices, obviously...).

• Moderators

And this WiFi card works like a charm?, I mean you can pick-up the WiFi network from the icon y the above bar, and connect to WPA/WPA2, and so on...

Because with DW1397, If I want to connect to this kind of networks, I have to do it from System Preferences, use the Assitant, etc.

Moreover I guess this WiFi card will work in any PC, isn't it? For example, an ASUS K55VM (thought in the specs always describe the card for Dell devices, obviously...).

yes, picks up and connects to wep/wpa/wpa2...

should work on any system that don't have whitelisting. It's works on my Lenovo, but I have a modded BIOS to remove whitelisting. As long as it holds a half size mini card.