Installing 10.6 on D-630

denmanjum

I'm trying to install 10.6 on my D-630. If I boot from USB it goes directly to empty grey screen and stays there, if I boot in verbose, it loads and leaves me with a black screen. I used myhack 3.1.2 and the Dell Latitude D630, Intel x3100 graphics (1280x800) bootpack.

I've scoured the forums for answers but have not found any as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• Administrators

Check your BIOS setup and adjust if necessary as per recommended settings in dedicated pinned thread in this very section.

I take it you're using the bootpack that corresponds to your model, right? Because that black screen is a typical result of having no DSDT or the wrong one on a D630. If in doubts, double check your BIOS setup Information pages.

Check your BIOS setup and adjust if necessary as per recommended settings in dedicated pinned thread in this very section.

I take it you're using the bootpack that corresponds to your model, right? Because that black screen is a typical result of having no DSDT or the wrong one on a D630. If in doubts, double check your BIOS setup Information pages.

I verified bios per your instruction on D-630  When I created the USB I made an image of SL on my desktop, after myhack finished I quit, restarted program and added bootpack, still getting black screen.

My D-630  Intel Crestline Graphics  1200x600  

Network NetXtreme BCM5755M Ethernet PCIe PRO/Wireless 3945ABG which I disabled in BIOS

That model does not exist I'm afraid...

Well, it's a D630 and the video controller is Intel Crestline Graphics 

Video Bios Version 1500

Native resolution 1200x 800 

This is what I got in BIOS

Is there something that I'm not seeing in BIOS to correctly identify this?  

I am a musician who had to learn computers to build my studio... though I do enjoy  the hacking aspect, I'm far from a credible hacker.

• Administrators

I guess you did not read the BIOS info properly and you actually have the LoRes WXGA 1280x800 LCD. Update your BIOS to one of the latest versions (A16 to A18) if necessary and ensure BIOS setup is configured as per recommended parameters. If you follow the regular and documented process with myHack + OSXL bootpack, you cannot have black screen.

I updated the bios and tried to install several more times but always with the same results. Just out of curiosity I decided to install with generic extra and to my surprise, it installed perfectly. However, I have no sound,wifi and my graphics may not be working at its highest level but that's another process. I didn't expect to be able to get wifi but I had a wireless usb that could use.