Installing 10.6 on D-630

denmanjum

I wasn't able to get this working. The best I got was with the generic extra and when I was able to update to 10.6.8  it froze up. I tried several bootpacks as  suggested but each time I got the black screen. I may abandoned this project and see if I can pick up  a D830.

This D630 runs great on Ubuntu 13.10

I decided to give it one more shot. So, I searched the internet for alternative  files, I found a file called dell d630 10.3 pack. I used myhack  install it.

I'm getting proper graphics at 1200x 800 and sound. My processor is only reading 1.81 and I have no ethernet. I installed with the generic extra and then added as system was stable. Bootpacks did not, will not work on this particular laptop. I also updated bios to A19. 

I'm still curious to why I couldn't install SL with bootpack and EDP. I was able to install Lion with no problem using bootpack and EDP. The best I could get with SL was 10.6.3, with a kext package I found on another site and all update attempts failed.

I've got two hard drives, one with Lion, fully updated and SL. In my opinion Lion doesn't run nearly as well as SL on my D630

I'm having a problem getting OSX 10.6.5 to run on a D630. Any help would be appreciated.

The story so far - A friend's D620 Hackintosh 10.6.5 failed so I got her a replacement D630 and put in her old, working Hackintosh HD. The D630 wouldn't boot from the HD so I reinstalled 10.6.5 and the Dell_Latitude_D630-intel-sl Extra but I get the 'You need to restart your computer' message early when I try to boot and if I start in single user mode I see this -

2m3ff3n.jpg

• Administrators

10.6.5 is not a retail version, so you must be using a distro or a real Mac backup media and that does not work because it does not have all the necessary installation file. You must install with a full retail version, i.e. 10.6, 10.6.3 or 10.6.8. 

To install SL, use myHack v3.1.2 + retail SL + the right bootpack and you'll get through in no time.