Installing 10.6 on D-630

denmanjum

• Administrators

Thanks but it's the same installer that I've used on several Hackintoshes so I know that it works. It's actually made from my original Snow Leopard disc and then when the Hackintosh is running I update it to 10.6.5.

Ok, so you're not installing 10.6.5 then but a lower version. With the right D630 Intel X3100 bootpack (HiRes or LoRes), you should have no issues at all. Is there a reason why you would only update to 10.6.5, not 10.6.8?

You screenshot shows Darwin 10.0.0, so that's clearly not 10.6.5 but 10.6(.0)! You're not telling us everything or the proper things...

If you're installing 10.6(.0) remove the AppleACPIPlatform kext from the bootpack as it is v1.3.6 from 10.6.8. You can safely run off the vanilla version all the way to 10.6.8.

I've now replaced the Intel wireless card with the Broadcom one from the D620 but I'm having trouble finding where to set the BIOS. I can't see it in the documentation and searching the forum brings up lots of threads but I don't know which is the correct one. Sorry.